The Tribesman//Chapter 79

Spiraling through the clouds ahead,  It was almost instantly that they lost all oxygen and were speeding upwards through the mass of water that was filling the emperornimbus cloud. Faythe's claws were digging into Luffy's rubber shoulder, trying not to get knocked off from the mere pressure of water flooding into her lungs.

It didn't take long though, because the merry broke through the surface and the whole crew were flying with it. But the wooden wings that Cricket and his brothers built on, came falling apart from the impact.

"PWAHH!"

Faythe sagged off the Captain's shoulder and fell back on the  deck, along with every other member who was gasping in oxygen. Shifting back, Faythe slowly crawled back up from the deck using her knees. Letting out a couple of coughs, she glanced around the deck to survey her crewmates and make sure everyone made it.

"Haa... Haa..!!" Nami let out a couple of coughs but she was fine.

Usopp was knocked out like a light.

Sounds of coughing came from the cook as he tried to even out his breathing, "Gu... Hah... Hah..."

Chopper was just a sputtering out coughs, looking slightly dizzy.

"...!! Damn... What happened?" Zoro sat up from his spot, his eyes surveying the group, "Is everyone alright..? Phu---!"

Robin herself looked fine, just slightly frazzled from the experience.

Faythe turned back to her Captain as she watched him slowly turn excited from what he was looking at, "HEY!!! HEY, LOOK YOU GUYS!!! OUTSIDE THE SHIP!!" he gasped out.

Turning towards the open space of what the Merry was sailing on, Faythe's expression slowly morphed into one of amazement. She could feel her feathers start shifting out on her arms. Just aching to fly and let loose around this particularly palace of clouds. All around her she could see clouds of every shape and form. Just clumped together like cotton candy.

The urge to transform and fly outwards almost tempting her to do. The feathers lining up her arms and face weren't helping.

"What is this place!? It's SOOOOO white!"

Everyone started crowding the rails to get a good view.

Chopper was situated beside Faythe with a gaped mouth, "Clouds!?"

Nami clamped her hands down on the rails firmly, "On top of the clouds..!! HOW ARE WE SAILING ON TOP OF THE CLOUDS?"

Luffy over confused, "Of course we can sail on top of them! They're just clouds."

Sanji, Zoro, and Chopper both looked at him waving a hand in front of their faces, dismissing Luffy's opinion, "NO, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

Chopper's shouting brought everyone's attention, "THIS IS BAD, USOPP ISN'T BREATHING!"

"WHAT!!?" Luffy bounded over in concern, "THINK OF SOMETHING! DO CPR!"

Sanji started twirling around, "Okay, I'll do CPR on Nami-san!"

"Idiot." Zoro turned around, already annoyed by the inconvenience.

"HAHAHA! WIMP!" Faythe called out with a cackle, pointing at Usopp's limp figure.

Hearing the insult, Usopp instantly came back to life and gave chase after the red head who could only laugh, "COME BACK HERE AND LET ME STRANGLE YOU!"

"YOUR GONNA HAVE TO CATCH ME FIRST!" Faythe shot back, twisting mid-air into her parrot form, dodging a swipe from his grabby hands. She swirled upwards and rested on the sails. A mocking grin, resting on her beak.