Joining the Straw-hats//Chapter 2

"Be my Parrot!" He repeated, his grin widening as he gave her the cane. She mindlessly took the cane and gave it to Dr. Hui, still dazed by what the boy had said.

"What?" She questioned again unsure how to reply back. With that his smile turned into a frown, "Can't you hear me? I said be my parrot!" He said again just as before.

"Oi.. Luffy.." The green haired man stepped forward, placing his hand on the boy's shoulder.

"I know what you said, but what do you mean by being your parrot?!" Faythe exclaimed even more confused as the, now known as Luffy, just tilted his head in thought.

"Oh no.." The blonde one, sighed, face palming himself. Both Nami and the curly haired boy, had expressions that said they've been there before in my situation.

"It's happening again. There's no stopping him when he has his mind set.." Nami said toward her partner, beside her. Curly hair only nodded in agreement.

Huh?

What does that mean?!

Is he looking for a fight???

Eh...?

"Zoro." Who Faythe assumed was the green haired man as he turned his attention to the one who called him, which was the one staring at her currently.

"Hm?"

"I want her to join us."

"..."

"Yes, captain."

Ehhhhhhhh????? Why did he accept it so quickly!?

"By join you want me to.." She started.

"Join my crew."

Silently stared at the boy for a few more seconds, a sudden pat on the girl's shoulders, whipped her head to Dr. Hui who was having trouble getting up. Hurriedly grabbing onto his elbow to lift him up, she picked him up, him leaning on her back now, almost like she did when she was younger. Turning to Luffy, Faythe tilted her head towards the jungle that loomed over the town, indicating for them to follow her.

As they trudged, she picked up her pace, her pace quickening as she came nearer to the jungle's entrance. Now in a full sprint, the group following her were now following her sprint in hot pursuit. Nami and the Curly hair seemed to have difficult catching up as they kept falling behind. Though Zoro, Luffy and the curly brows were doing fairly well.

When they made it to the entrance, the whole group came to a stop.

"Wow!!!" Luffy exclaimed.

"Wonder what sorts of fruits are in there..." Faythe heard the blonde mutter.

"Faythe, we should hurry back a bit faster.. I don't want any infections to fester with my bruise..." Dr. Hui muttered from her back.

"What kind of bruise gets infections, old man?!" Faythe huffed annoyed, already running into the looming trees. Her feet getting tired a bit from running a bit, sprinting more, leaning a bit down, to get the wind on her side. The big tree came into view once they ran a large amount in the jungle.

Reaching the base of the tree that she grew up around, she plopped the old man off her back. Giving him his cane so he could actually stand without her there. She looked up at the tree house that was platformed around the tree.

"What is that? A house?!"

"It's belongs to Dr. Hui." Faythe answered the unsaid question.

"A treehouse!!! So cool!" Hearing Luffy gawk at the size of the tree itself.