Arcus vs. God//Chapter 99

Wrapping a cloth over the palm of her hand so she wouldn't be affected by the sea stone cuffs, Faythe steeled herself for the upcoming fight, "This is gonna hurt like hell... But I can last a few shocks of lightning... I can endure..!" She gritted her teeth when forced feathers out to form two hardened feather sword.

Strolling down the red carpet she stood right behind Enel who stood on top of the railings, watching the grand show of his destruction. His fingers danced in front of him as if he were casting an orchestra performance. His face all twisted into this deformed God Complex.

She could feel the hair on her arms and neck rise at how similar he and those other self esteemed people were, "How disgusting..."

Enel's hands stopped in its tracks as he glanced over his shoulder, "Why if it isn't the Arcus, you managed to escape your bounds, how interesting." He then held his arms out to the mass destruction of lightning pillars shooting down from the sky and onto the Angel Island, "What do you think of might of God? Isn't it quite glorious?" His eyes widened in a look far from his wretched sanity.

Faythe scrunched her nose at the look and glared up at the looming God in front of her, "You have far long gone down from the heavens... You are no God but a mortal with unimaginable power from a fruit made by the Devil!" She swung her feathered sword pointedly at the God's Neck. Yet he did not budge.

He kept an even glare and clicked his tongue, "You have so much to learn... Can't you see? You are never supposed to go against the gods unless you want another tragedy to strike."

"A tragedy?" Faythe muttered confused, "What are you talking about, Enel?"

"That's God Enel to you, Arcus." He scowled at the disrespect.

Faythe batted her eyelashes sarcastically, "And that's Faythe to you, Enel." She felt her teeth grind at the utter audacity of this man.

Enel chuckled and teleported from his spot in front of the girl. Her feathers lined her arms bristling as she rolled to the left to dodge an oncoming attack. Once she landed she could still feel the sheer heat from the lightning behind.

"Did you know that there is more to the story of the Heaven star?"

Enel appeared on his throne with crossed legs, "Apparently the Arcus that was said to drop the star was close friends with this Shandorian God."

"The Shandorian's God?" Faythe kept a close eye on the man as she listened closely, "What God? I know it's not you."

Enel rolled his eyes and glanced down at his reflection in his golden spear handle, "Interestingly enough, the Arcus was said to be in a star crossed love with the Sun God of the Shandorian's in the Golden City. But as the Arcus got closer, their wings were burnt by the sheer heat of the God's flares. And the Arcus fell from the sky along with the Star." He leaned into his palm as he pointed a lazy finger, "It's punishment was then performed by the Devil as it took the form of a fruit."

Faythe felt her stomach grow cold and her spine rising in a shudder, "What...?"

"YAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-!!" Enel hung his head back at the sheer shock on her face, "You, my little pet... Are the next Arcus that will rise from the mortal realms and perform great deeds for the next Sun God to rise."

A snarl rose of the red head's lips, "I am no one's pet, nor am the property of a God wannabe...!!" Faythe stomped her bare foot on the deck to show her point, "My name is Portgas Marie Faythe! And you..." she pointed her tied up hand to the scowling God, "Are no god of mine."

After a moment of cold glaring at each other, Enel slowly stood up from his spot and twirled his staff with precision, "I see you've chose where your loyalty lies, Arcus."