Knock-Up Stream//Chapter 73

Art by me like always
Working hard so I can please you

Everyone sat outside the house, forming a little circle in front of Cricket like little children. Cricket leaned on his hip with his hands on them, "Alright, I'll tell you everything I know about sky island, but it's all uncertain, so it's up to you whether you believe it or not."

Faythe saluted, "Already ahead of you."

Luffy just nodded, "Ok, I believe you."

Usopp ended up smacking both idiots, "Too fast!"

Zoro was crisscrossed behind them while snoring away. Nami just sat next to Faythe and kept quiet as she listened. LUffy sat next to Faythe and Usopp on his other side. Chopper was situated in Faythe's lap comfortably.

Cricket raised his arm outward towards the sea, "There's a phenomenon that occurs in the seas around this region, when day suddenly turns into night."

Luffy perked up with his hand shooting up, "AHH! THERE IS! THATS'S FOR SURE! RIGHT!?" He looks between Faythe and Usopp.

"YEAH! NOT ONLY DID IT SUDDENLY BECOME NIGHT, BUT MONSTERS APPEARED TOO!" Usopp claimed.

Faythe nodded along but kept quiet.

Cricket crossed his arms, "Ah, yes, the giants. There's a theory on where they come from, but let's leave that aside for now. In any case the suddenly occurring 'night', is actually the shadow of an extremely dense, towering cloud."

Faythe raised a brow, thinking, "A cumulonimbus?"

Nami nodded, "That's what I was thinking, but that darkness wasn't something that could have been formed by think clouds..."

"Yeah, don't be stupid mister. If there's lots of clouds out, it's only 'cloudy'." Luffy inputted.

"Stupid." Faythe snickered.

"Yeah, just cloudy." Usopp stated flatly.

"Just cloudy." Chopper copied.

"JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN!" Cricket had enough, "'Emperonimbus.' There's a type of cloud by that name. They stack up high into the sky but don't rise to any currents nor rain. And when those appear in the sky, they block even the sunlight out, changing day on land to night."

"Emperor clouds...?" Faythe tilted her head in thought.

"One theory states that the emperonimbus clouds have been drifting in the sky for thousands or even tens of thousands of years, all while never changing, causing some to nickname it a 'cloud fossil.'"

Nami was more confused than ever, "A cloud that doesn't let out any currents no matter how high it piles up!? That's impossible..."

"You're free to believe it or not. I'm not telling you all this in order to convince you or anything." Cricket explained.

Luffy rubbed his chin in thought, "So it's a 'mystery cloud', huh?"

Faythe leaned over Luffy with her chin placed on his hat comfortably, "Mystery cloud, indeed." She grinned.

Cricket only nodded in agreement, "In a way, I suppose, since nobody knows for sure yet."

Chopper looked up from his seat with sparkles around him, "Luffy, you're amazing!"

Cricket pointed at the group to bring their attention back to him, "Now listen up. If sky island really does exist, then it could only be possibly exist on that cloud."

Luffy hopped up to his feet excitedly, "Got it! Let's go meet Faythe's people! Zoro, wake up!"

Zoro let out a snort before rubbing his eyes, "Morning, already?"