Luffy Tossed Overboard//Chapter 97

The ascending ship was now destroying everything around it as it crash through the ceiling of the cave and into the forest floor. Trees and cliffs alike started to fall apart by the spinning turbines.

"This is oddly impressive..." Faythe couldn't help but awe, "I mean.. A flying ship? That's pretty cool..." she muttered to herself.

"YAHAHAHAHA! All the circuits of the Arc... Have been activated." Enel proclaimed, "I call it Death Piea. In the midst of hopelessness, it is the savior of the world."

Nami gently gave Faythe's hand a squeeze, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Faythe felt her nostrils flare at sudden pungent smell of rain crashing upwards into hoarded piles. Her eyes trailed up to see a large dark thundering cloud escape from the top of the ship.

"Ah...!?"

"What is that?"

"YAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" Enel turned to his unfortunate audience, "That is the thunder cloud. Using my energy, Death Piea can produce clouds that contain a strong electrical current running through it."

"Thunder Cloud...?" Faythe muttered with uncertainty.

"With cloud of such thickness, Skypiea will be covered entirely in darkness. Then the clouds will be able to emit thunder, ten times stronger than my attacks. THIS COUNTRY WILL BE COMPLETELY ERADICATED!!" Enel continued to laugh at the distraught faces of his audience while he rose a hand to the sky, "Allow me to demonstrate."

The storms swirled at his beckons and formed under his rule as a giant pillar of light struck from the clouds and off into the distant.

Faythe felt her chest tighten as it was suddenly hard to breathe at the rising screams of terror from Angel Island. Shutting her eyes, the red head focused on trying to conserve her breathing than lessen them.

"The citizens never did anything wrong!"

Faythe blinked her eyes open to glance up at Luffy who stood strong in front of them.

"Just because you think you are God, you will take away everything!?" He shouted furiously.

Enel looked to be in a daze as he spoke, "Yes... Life... Earth... Are all at my mercy!" He then suddenly jerked his trident pointed at Luffy, "That includes you! The party is about to start!"

Luffy leaped in the air and twisted his body so he could dodge and counterattack. He sent his foot forward to try and land a kick but it was blocked by Enel holding up his free arm.

Enel tried to swing his trident upward from under Luffy but he brought foot back and kicked it back.

"AH! HOT!"

Faythe then realized that Enel heated up his golden trident so it'd land some effective hits against his opponent, "Yahahaha... How do you like my trident!?"

They continued to exchange blows one after another. Which in regards to Luffy wasn't good because he was blocking with his bare hands and feet against a hot sizzling rod.

As they kept dancing around the deck, Luffy backed up against the rails and swiftly swung to the right to dodge a jab.

The trident pierced into the rails trying to find its target but ended up scorching wood instead of flesh.

"OUCH!" Luffy took the moment to blow off his throbbing rubber hands, "AH!" He then glanced up to see a bored looking Enel glance down at the broken rails of his ship, "Damn. He can predict all my movements... Oh!"

He then took a stance as if he was powering up, "Gomu Gomu... BAKA!!!"

"What are you doing, Luffy!!?" Nami called out.