And you are...?//Chapter 33

Racing down the aisles of market stalls and shops, Faythe zoomed past some civilians in her parrot form, only leaving a trail of feathers behind. Her sharp bird eyes dilated in a thin line as she spotted her Captain sniffing the air for some food.

She increased her speed as she flew past some more people and finally catching up to Luffy.

"CAP! Don't run off like that! Grab me before you race off somewhere! What if some kind of adventure showed up with you racing off right towards it!" Faythe complained.

"AH! Sorry sorry, Faythe! I'll remember to do that next time!" Luffy scratched his head, thinking hard to keep that in mind, but his face lit up as he remembered something.

"Oi, Faythe! What did Nami call you again when we were at Drum Kingdom?" He asked, his eyes sparkling a bit.

"At Drum Kingdom...?" Faythe paused thinking for a bit as she kept flying beside him, "Oh! You mean the name Fae?" She tilted her feathered head.

"YEAH! IS THAT A CODE NAME!?" Luffy now had sparkles in his eyes.

"A codename..!? Well a codename would sound cool... Hmmmm.. It could be if you want to!" Faythe smiled to herself, now thinking like she's on a spy mission. The excitement made her feathers buzz.

"Aight! I'll call you Fae, since we're on a mission!" He grinned childishly, as he kept his pace, trying to find a scent.

"OOOO! What's your code name, Luffy?" Faythe asked curiously.

"You can just call me Cap like you did earlier." Luffy laughed out, pointing his thumb at himself.

"Fine with me!" Faythe mused happily, keeping in the same height as Luffy by flying next to him.

Out of nowhere, Luffy stretched his nostrils, Faythe guessing he caught a whiff of something tasty.

"What's that? I smell something strange..." Luffy hummed to himself, sniffing the air around him loudly. But his eyes bulged out suddenly as he spotted a restaurant straight down the road.

"OVER THERE! A RESTRAUNANT!" His hair flying back, as he stretched his arms forward, holding onto the doors of the poor building, and shooting forward leaving the parrot girl behind annoyed.

"LU- CAP! WAIT FOR ME!?" Faythe shouted out, flapping her wings faster than ever. Just as she flew right in, she spotted Luffy sitting on a stool and a giant ass hole in the wall. A man with ebony hair cascading down his back in a loose ponytail, his back was facing her as she flew past the doors, the only thing that was heard in the place was the stranger's continuous laughter and Luffy's scarfing.

Faythe flew right down onto the stool next to Luffy to see what he was eating. Her feathers growing back into her body or falling off by surrounding the stool. Her red hair swooping down her back. Her purple top fitting comfortably on her chest and her high pants were worn tightly for maneuvering in reflex.

"Cap, after you finish eating, we should head back to the crew. They're probably finished getting supplies and disguises I guess." Faythe hummed as she leaned on her hand, watching Luffy chomp down on a pound of meat.

"Hmm, OH! DISGUISES! That makes us even more like spies, Fayt- Fae!" Luffy laughed out excitedly.

Faythe could feel the tension rise from the stranger next to her, as she turned to look at him. As she did, both blue eyes met. Both having the same shape of iris and color but his left eye.

For some reason he gave off this familiarity of home for some reason. But that wasn't what made Faythe keep her guard up. The only home she's known was with Dr. Hui. And when she was at that island, she's never seen this person before.