The Looming Shadows!//Chapter 66

Luffy landed on his side while Zoro and Sanji heaved out ragged in takes of breathes. Faythe stood in her Beast mode for a second, before transforming back into her normal form.

She sat on the railings, intaking the crew's reactions.

"Zoro! Sanji!" Usopp called out in utter shock.

Luffy just laid there on his side while Nami smacked him in the head continuously, "Luffy! What's wrong!? Are you dead!?"

"We might need to go now, we're in a rush, guys." Faythe snickered out as Zoro tossed two bags full of treasure to the side, "Lower the sail! We gotta get the hell outta here!"

Sanji dropped his and Faythe's bags next to the main mast, "He means trouble" He muttered to himself, talking about the gorilla man.

Faythe tilted her head at Usopp, "Hey, why wasn't my name called out??"

Usopp only glanced at her and frowned, "I'm sure your fine." he waved off.

"WOWWWW!!" Faythe called out, "Yet you think these three need your worry!?" She pointed at the three people, known as the monster trio.

"Touché." Usopp sighed in defeat, "Anyway I'm glad your alive! WE NEED TO ESCAPE FROM THAT TURTLE ASAP!"

Zoro and Sanji completely disregarded Usopp's concern and began to complain about the gorilla guy.

"Turtle? No, I'm talking about the monkey we ran across underwater!" Zoro pointed at him sternly.

Sanji raised his hands up tiredly, "He must be some queer type of underwater creature."

"He was getting along with Luffy for a moment, "Zoro added.

"'Cause they're both monkeys." Sanji rebutted.

"Ha! Must be long distant cousins of some sort." Faythe called out as she shook off some dust, while going through the bags full of old armor.

Zoro nodded and continued, "But once he saw the goods we collected from the wreckage, he went berserk!"

"Like a mad gorilla!" Sanji face palmed himself exhausted.

Faythe perked up, "That's what I've been saying!" She threw her arms up.

Nami patted the red head on the shoulder, "That'd be Mashira, the salvager! But I'm surprised how you managed to escape the turtle's mouth."

Faythe raised a brow at this, "Turtle? What turtle?"

Usopp was looking at something with a calculated look, almost observing, "Hm? Something's up with that turtle. It's mouth is hanging open... No wonder you guys managed to get outta there..."

Sanji, Faythe, and Zoro turned to see what the hell Usopp and the rest were talking about but froze at the massive creature that loomed over them in size.

"WHOA! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?" They said in unison.

Usopp got annoyed at they're naivety, "NOW you notice!? YOU WERE SWALLOWED WHOLE BY IT WITH THE SHIP JUST NOW!"

Faythe crossed her arms, analyzing the Sea King. It looked just like a over sized turtle with sharp teeth. It's beady eyes paled and looked ghostly vivid. It's shade of grey looked eerily purplish in the dark night that surrounded them, "Wow. Since when?"

"Like almost 10 minutes ago!" Usopp barked and gently smacked the girl's head.

Luffy shot up from his side, taking in a breathe, "Pfahh!" He looked around, then up to the sky which wasn't it's bright blue daylight anymore, "Huh? Why's it night all of a sudden?"