Failed Attempt #1//Chapter 48

Popping a squat to stretch her legs, Faythe watched as her crewmates run on ahead, each taking a duck. For now the plan was for the crewmates wear the same desert robes and distract the upper ranked officers. They would then split off into the different entrance gates. That way the officers would have no choice but to go and give chase, resulting in Vivi having a clear way towards the rebels. Faythe's job was to stay with her and protect her from oncoming attacks.

Faythe was wrapping Vivi in the instructed robe, wrapping it securely around her shoulder and face, "There, now they won't tell the difference between the two of us!" Faythe smiled down at her exact same attire.

"Thank you, Faythe.. along with everyone else for this.." Vivi smiled at the girl as she hopped onto the duck's saddle, getting ahold of the pink reins.

"No problem. It's what any of us would do for a friend." Faythe winked at her, then pulling her own hood lower to cover her red hair.

"Ya..." Vivi nodded and then looked up into the distance, "We have to hurry... The rebels are almost here already."

"Ready when you are, Princess." Faythe stretched her arms out, feathers quickly taking over as they shifted into wings. Her legs grew a little as they formed into talons.

"Let's go, Faythe! Carue!" Vivi snapped the reins, Carue quickly sprinting forward. While the red head fell into pursuit.

/;/~***~/;/

Never in Faythe's life had she ever thought her 17 years of crazy antics would all lead up to this. She always thought she would stay with Dr. Hui and relax, help out the island's patients, steal some nut deserts from the store down the street. Maybe find a husband who would accept her bizarre habits. But no. She was standing next to a Princess and a duck, and in front of them was a very large army on the horizon, only growing bigger as they charged forward.

"Holy shit." Faythe muttered as she gazed at the scene in front of her, "This.. This is absolutely terrifying.." She could feel her talons shake a bit. But the thing that was off worse than her was Carue as he looked like a human sized vibrator.

"It's fine, Carue, Faythe. You don't need to stay here." Vivi stated, fixing her robes a bit.

"Nope. I keep my promises. never going back on them." Faythe crossed her arms firmly. The robe that sat her shoulder just kept getting heavier as time passed. The wind blowing it past her, only gave her a refreshed feeling.

"Well, don't expect me to take responsibility even if you get trampled!" Vivi joked.

"You choose the worst time to whip out those jokes, Vivi." Faythe couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Ya, sorry bout that." Vivi rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.

Faythe sighed and gazed back, seeing them even closer now. There desert robes are stained with sand and sweat. They were all riding horses or camels to run across the blistering heat.

Vivi held her arms out, taking a deep breath, getting ready to shout with all her might.

"STOP! I SAID STOP, REBELS! WE'VE ALL BEEN SET UP!" Vivi hollered out.

Faythe stood next to her, seeing some people squint their eyes to see if there was an actual person standing in their way.

"LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY!" Vivi's voice sounded like it was getting desperate. As she yelled out a few more calls, Faythe felt a alarming sensation rise on her back and she whipped behind her almost immediately. Looking up, she paled, seeing a cannonball already fired towards them.