Cricket's Treasure Stolen!//Chapter 75

"AAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!"

Faythe ignored the screaming that rang around her in the jungle as she raised her talons and started scrapping mid-air.

"Jyoooeee! Jyo jyoeee!" It screeched as it tried to swipe at Faythe's wings. She swung around and smacked it's fairly large beak.

"THEY'RE COMING! WATCH OUT!"

She raised her own talons and scratched down at it's beak only scratching it barely, her eyes widened slightly at it's defense, "What the hel-!" She didn't get to finish her sentence as the beak of the bird was shoved right into her stomach, sending her flying into some vines.

Her wings and legs were caught in the muddle of leaves and rope like vines, entangling her rather tightly, "You gotta be kidding me..." She muttered to herself as she noticed the Southbird start grinning in victory as it puffed it's chest out and sat on a branch nearby.

"Jyooooeee! Jyo Jyoooooooooee! Jyo Jyoo!" It called out with a scream.

"BOY IF YOU DON"T SHUT THE FU-!" Something bonked her on the head. She looked down to see it was a large branch that fell. She looked up and noticed a couple more Southbirds holding more large branches in their talons as they flew above her.

Faythe's beak curved back into an uneven smile as she started laughing nervously, "Hey.... W-We can talk about this...." The Southbirds glared down at her with the same grin, "Right...?"

They let the branches drop one by one as Faythe stared up in fear, a nervous sweat trailing down her face.

"Wait, wait, wait! WAAAAIIITT!"

"Joooee!~"

/;/~***~/;/

"It's no good..."

Everyone sat in a circle as they met up halfway and lost all the things that were chasing them.

"Couldn't even get a good look at a single one of them..." Zoro muttered annoyed as he crossed his arms. he stood next to robin who kept quiet.

"We managed to find one," Luffy started from his spot on a root.

Chopper huffed and puffed out of air, "All we did was run..."

"But we were so busy being chased by bugs to do anything else." Luffy finished tiredly.

"Oh for god's sake. 8 pirates can't even catch one little bird!? Get it together!" Usopp let out a huff and shook his head in disappointment like he wasn't part of the crew.

Sanji gave him a look, "That includes you.

Nami shook her head weakly, "I can't run anymore too!"

Robin scanned the group of pirates and raised a brow, "Where is little miss writer?"

"Writer..? Ah! Faythe!? Where is she? I didn't see her with you and Chopper, Luffy." Usopp glanced over at the Captain, who in turn blinked at him confused.

Chopper looked up from his position, "I dunno.. She ran off after the Southbird and was separated from us as we were being chased by a horde of wasps..."

"Was she that pissed?" Zoro furrowed his brows.

"She looked more annoyed than anything." Luffy chimed in.

Nami massaged her temple as she felt another headache come forth, "Of course she had to ditch you guys. The one and only crewmember who suggested on killing the bird instead of keeping it alive."

Usopp sweat dropped at the thought, "Nothing about this, spells good."

"JOOEE!"

Usopp looked up from his spot and noticed the Southbird that was with Luffy and Chopper right above him on a branch, "AHH!"