INTO THE SKY!//Chapter 78

"RAAAWWWWRRRRRR!!!" A sea king was swept up in the whirlpool nearby as it struggled against the currents, "GRAAAAA!" It ended up flailing it's pitiful body feebly, "RAAAWWWR...." It drowned.

Chopper, Usopp, Nami, Luffy, and Faythe were the one who watched it die against the whirlpool's strength.

Luffy and Faythe were the only ones who weren't shaking in the end.

With that, the whirlpool took the sea king's body and it was never seen again.

"Alright, then! The rest is up to you!" You could hear Masira shout from his ship.

Luffy waved back at them cheerfully, "Okay! Thanks for getting us here!"

Usopp was having none of it, "NOO, WAAIIT!" He threw his hands up in surrender, "You gotta be kiddin' me! You basically dragged us to an execution! Get us the hell outta here, you lunatics!"

Chopper was looking to the sides, not knowing to do, "GAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

Even the Southbird thought this was a suicide mission, "JOOEE!"

Nami clamped her hands over her ears to try and block out reality itself, "I never heard anything about going in a giant whirlpool! They duped us!"

The clouds darkened above them rather quickly, "Wow, things are moving quite smoothly." Faythe whistled out.

"AGHHHHHH! NIGHT'S ALREADY FALLEN ON US!"

"THE WHIRLPOOL'S SUCKING US IN CLOSER AND CLOSER!"

Usopp turned his attention to the Captain with the final decision, "LUFFY, LET'S TURN BACK! WE MIGHT STILL MAKE IT IF WE TURN AROUND NOW!" He was getting desperate now, "YOU SAW WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SEA KING! THAT WHIRLPOOL ALONE WILL KILL US, LET ALONE THE BLAST FROM THE KNOCK-UP STREAM!"

Faythe glanced up from her spot.

"SKY ISLAND'S JUST SOME FANTASY AMONG FANTASIES!" Usopp finished.

Luffy looked out towards the whirlpool thinking of Usopp's statement, "A fantasy among fantasies...? You're right!"

"Exactly, Luffy! I think it's impossible too!" Nami joined in.

Looking back towards his crewmates with the biggest grin, Luffy could not contain the excitement, "An adventure on a fantasy-island among fantasies!? We'd regret it for the rest of our lives if we gave this chance up!"

The cowardly trio looked like they were gonna pass out at their Captain's attitude.

"Guys, while you were making a futile last- ditch attempt to dissuade our Captain..." Zoro grabbed their attention and pointed out towards the whirlpool.

Usopp glanced at the Swordsman confused, "What is it now?" He had to take a minute to process what happened.

But it finally came back to him as Zoro finished his sentence, "The whirlpool swallowed us."

It did as the ship went straight through the currents and leaped right into the center.

"Nami, Leap into my arms!"

"GAHHHHH!"

"WE'RE FAAAAAAAAAALLIIIINNNGGGG!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

But nothing happened as the whirlpool had just stopped. It looked as if it wasn't there in the first place, "Huh?"

"Wha!?" Sanji looked around frantically, "Why'd it disappear!?"

"What happened!?" Luffy leaped up onto the second deck to see from a better view.

Usopp was already there as he gazed out confused, "How could that gigantic whirlpool just suddenly vanish!?"