A Citizen's Duty//Chapter 85

Skypiea, God's Land—

Lovely Street, Angel Island—

"Uwa~~!! It's so nice here!!!"

"Look, the shop is floating in mid-air!"

"Lovely Street is the only Main Street on Angel Island. It was designed to fully utilize the characteristics of Island Cloud."

Faythe glanced around at the feeling of burning stares that probably would've shot through her head if she didn't look back at them.

Once they saw her staring they're way, they all whipped their heads away and looked to distract themselves.

Usopp look on in unease, "...Are they... Trying to avoid us?"

"Yes." Faythe stated without hesitation.

Sanji hunched over as he walked, trying to seem invisible from the scorching stares, "...Yeah, they probably know we're criminals."

"Yep." Faythe grinned.

Luffy came marching forward with a matching grin, "Ahaha, it's nice having the center of town to ourselves!" He hooked an arm around Faythe as they continued to stomp down the street and parting crowds like Moses.

Usopp watched with an annoyed look, "Yup, the angels are definitely avoiding us."

Luffy steered the red head to a small little open shop with strange plants they never saw before.

Faythe prodded at a weird purple colored corn plant but with fuzzy spores that would pop if you touched one.

"—But these shops are selling a lot of weird things!" Luffy followed after Faythe and poked his own purple fuzz corn, "So nice...! If only I had some money....!"

Faythe dug in her pocket and took out her own bag as she looked at the sign, "5000 extol...?"

She did the math and took out 5 beli. The Shopkeeper glanced around at the crowd who continued to stare and gave Faythe a weak work smile. He too the money with trembling hands and shoved the fuzz corn into Faythe's hold before slamming the door in her face.

Luffy had his back turned as he was in thought, "I wonder if I can trade for it with some treasure..." His thoughts were interrupted when he felt a slight tapping on his shoulder. Glancing over his shoulder to meet Faythe's blue orbs, he watched as she raised the fuzz corn in the air towards him.

"WOOOAAAHHH!!" Luffy instantly took the fuzz corn and held it up to the sky.

Sanji turned back to see Faythe and Luffy messing around with the little fuzz balls in the corn, "Luffy!! This is no time to be fooling around!! Nami-San and the others were taken as sacrifices!!" His brows furrowed in annoyance as Luffy continued to play around with Faythe, "Are you going to save them or not!!"

"Save them? Don't worry! Zoro was taken with them!" Luffy laughed at the cook like it was such an obvious answer.

"WE CAN'T RELY ON A GUY LIKE THAT!!"

Faythe tutted a finger at Sanji, placing it on his lips to silence his burning rivalry with the swordsmen, "I'm sorry, but I gotta disagree with you on that, Sanji. Zoro may be directionally challenged but he is also a reliable crew mate to have in dire situations."

Sanji quieted down and just whipped his head to the side with a pout, "I never said he was a unreliable crew mate...." He muttered to himself but Faythe was close enough to hear.

A small smile grew on her face.

Usopp turned back to the group, "Anyway, I hope the ship is okay. It's been through a lot of rough times recently."