Rainfall//Chapter 55

Faythe stood there motionless. She could feel her breathe going ragged.

The bomb was on a timer from the beginning.

Then that would mean she could've used one of the officers to decode it and un-activate it. But wait, why fuse a light if they knew it was on a timer.

They didn't know.

Which also means they don't know how to un-activate it.. That must mean only Crocodile or Ms. All Sunday could do it. But they couldn't get them right now because of the timer!

"YOU GOTTA BE SHITTIN ME!?" Faythe threw a frustrated punch into the wall, cracks forming slowly from the spot. She glanced back at the princess who was just staring into the cannon. The ticking of the bomb was the only thing she and Faythe could hear.

"CRAP! YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME! WE STOPPED THE CANNON, BUT THE BOMB IS..." Sanji trailed off growing more angry at the situation.

Chopper was the one who finished his sentence, "ON A TIMER!?"

"With a blast diameter of 5km... The bomb's still gonna destroy most of the city even from all the way up there!" Zoro calculated quickly, which surprised Faythe for a moment.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Usopp's shrill shriek could be heard from up in the tower, "DOES THAT MEAN STOPPING THE EXPLOSION WAS IMPOSSIBLE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING?"

At those words, Vivi fell to her knees, her fists beating on the inside of the cannon in fury, "AFTER MAKING US GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF FINDING THE CANNON..."

Faythe slowly made her way towards the blunette with a solemn face.

"AFTER EVEN TELLING US WHEN AND WHERE IT WAS PLANNED TO FIRE...!"

The red head kneeled down beside the girl and wrapped her arms around her.

"JUST HOW FAR DO YOU HAVE TO GO TO MAKE A FOOL OUT OF OTHERS...!" Vivi screamed out, her body shaking, "JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE MUST YOU MAKE A MOCKERY UNTIL YOU'RE SATISFIED!?"

Faythe could feel her anger bubble up in her chest at the thought of the sniveling lizard. She shut her eyes tight and leaned her head on the Princess' shoulder.

"CROCODILE!"

They sat in silence for a few moments until Faythe could hear the light sounds of droplets. She lifted her head up to see a man with a white desert robs on, and a gold necklace loosely hung around his neck. Dark tattooed eyeliner trailing down his eyes to his jaw line, on both sides. Now that Faythe looked at him, the droplets that she heard wasn't water. It the man's blood at it fell off his heavy injured body.

He held his sword's sheath tightly as he softly gazed down at the Princess, "This place brings back many memories, doesn't it? This secret base for your Sand Sand Gang..." He suddenly spoke, gaining Vivi's attention.

The Princess turned her head around at the guard's voice, "PELL!"

The guard, now named as Pell continued, "...Your wild reckless behaviors back then, had me throwing up my hands in frustration more times than I could count..."

"PELL LISTEN! THE BOMB IS ON A TIMER! IT'S SET TO GO OFF ANY MOMENT NOW!" Vivi explained in a panicked tone.

Pell only let out a soft smile as he heard the news, it was almost like he was remembering something sweet as he looked at the Princess, "Princess Vivi, to protect the Royal Nefertari Household is a duty..."

"Wait a minute..." Faythe's eyes widened.

"That I sincerely consider, to be my proudest honor."