231 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (45)

"Don't!"

Song Jia knew that he meant those three words. There was no hesitation, no sign that he was joking at all.

Ye Minzhe took a step forward, pulling out a pistol from one of the guards. Song Jia had no time to think. She ran towards Gu Yuan, grabbing his arm.

"Go!"

She knew that this move of hers was unreasonable, because there was nowhere for them to hide at all. Once they went out of the Ye estate, they wouldn't be able to go far before they would be captured back by the guards or have an encounter with zombies.

But still, Song Jia ran. She felt that if they stayed there any longer, they would be ripped to shreds. She couldn't find any semblance of rationality in Ye Minzhe's expression at all. It seemed as if he had truly snapped this time.

"Ye Jia!"

From somewhere behind her, she heard Ye Minzhe roar out her name. She flinched, and put another burst of speed. She dragged Gu Yuan into the side exit, where they went out into the almost endless premises of the Ye estate.

Song Jia knew better than to stay inside the mansion. If she went up, there would only be a limited number of floors where she could run to before she would inevitably reach the top.

"Teacher, you need to go hide in the sauna. I'll meet you there later once Ye Minzhe had already calmed down."

When Ye Minzhe had toured her around before, he didn't show her the sauna. It was only when Song Jia explored the Ye estate by herself that she found it. There was a high chance that he probably didn't even know it existed.

Gu Yuan grabbed her arm. His face was pale with fright. "Miss Ye, what about you? Will you be alright?"

"I'll be fine." Song Jia heard loud footsteps chasing them and pushed Gu Yuan into the direction of the sauna. "Go!"

She waited until he disappeared, and Ye Minzhe burst out of the mansion. The moment he saw her, his expression contorted.

"Jia, do you like him that much?!" He yelled out, not caring about his own injuries that were still bleeding. He looked as if he wanted to swallow her whole and eat her alive.

Song Jia didn't answer and ran straight towards one of the greenhouses. Ye Minzhe yelled out a curse and chased after her.

"Shit! Ye Jia, stop running away. Do you want me to break your legs?!"

Song Jia didn't listen to him. She pulled open the door to the greenhouse and rushed in, diving into a number of plants and flowers. From somewhere ahead, she saw a Japanese red maple tree [1]. As if she had seen a lifeline, Song Jia immediately ran towards it.

Tiny beads of sweat trickled down her forehead and stung her eyes. She stumbled down as her surroundings suddenly became dark. Then her eyesight recovered and Song Jia was running again, feeling dizzy.

"Jia, stop right there! Fuck, do you think you're a national athlete? Stop running!"

Ye Minzhe became even angrier. She still hadn't taken any vitamins, and she was running in this cold weather. Did she think she didn't sprain her hand before, so she wanted to sprain her legs now? How could a person be so stupid!

"Fuck!"

Ye Minzhe actually cursed a lot, but in front of Song Jia, he didn't dare to use bad words in case he became a bad influence to her. However, he couldn't help it now. Seeing that video...and how she quickly rescued Gu Yuan away from him...

A piercing pain stabbed his heart, and Ye Minzhe had to abruptly stop. He raised his hand and violently hammered his heart, "Stop hurting!"

He was a violent and coarse person, even when he tried to pursue her, people only laughed at his efforts. Ye Minzhe was also embarrassed, but because he wanted Ye Jia, he did his best to search the internet, sparing no effort to memorize those cheesy lines.

He tried his best not to think about the video Ding Xiuxiu showed him, because every time he saw her entangling with another person, it was as if he was experiencing a slow death. He did not even finish watching three seconds of it, feeling as if it directly stabbed his eyes.

How much did she like that teacher, how much did she like his touch on her, how much did they spend time together?

Was it because her heart was already taken, that's why she couldn't like him?

Did she love that teacher? Had she already fallen in love with him?

Ye Minzhe clutched at his chest. The painful feeling he tried to suppress was about to overflow. His heart was tightly clenched as if it was about to be torn apart, almost making him unable to breathe.

He wanted to kill Gu Yuan. To erase his presence in the world, to leave no opportunity for Jia to entangle with him anymore.

If that teacher did not exist, Jia would only look at him. Even if she did not love him at first, he would wait for her, even if she wouldn't be able to love him, it was also...it was also okay.

As long as she stayed by his side, never leaving him for others.

Song Jia took the opportunity of Ye Minzhe's distraction to climb the maple tree. Song Jia moved quickly, climbing with the speed and deftness of a cat. She was soon in a space where all the main trunks spread out. The moment Ye Minzhe saw her, all his breath left him in a whoosh.

Thick veins popped on his forehead. Fear flashed across his eyes, and he hysterically shouted, "Jia, are you a monkey?! Always climbing trees and hurting yourself. Get down from there!"

Song Jia looked down at him and clutched the branch tightly with her hands. "I'll come down as long as you promise not to kill anyone."

Ye Minzhe looked nervously at her position. She was sitting so high up, if she slipped, she would definitely hurt herself.

His heart in his throat, he shouted again, "Jia, come down!"

His skin was still bleeding from multiple scratches, but it was as if he couldn't see his own wounds, his pair of dark eyes only staring at her. There was an unprecedented panic in his heart, if something happened to her...

Song Jia softened her tone. "Ye Minzhe, let's talk about it. What happened with me and Teacher Gu was a mistake..."

"I don't want to talk about it!" Ye Minzhe clenched his fists, his eyes red. He did not want to hear the teacher's name come from her lips. Just stringing the two of them in the same sentence together drove him crazy. "I'll kill him! I'll definitely kill him! And I'll kill whoever took that video of you too!"

"Ye Minzhe..."

"Ye Jia, come down from there!"

"No, let's talk first." Song Jia was stubborn. "I won't come down from here until we talk things out."

[1] Japanese maple tree