245 Reality (1)

Beep! Beep!

In the middle of a white, bare room was a transparent glass pod where a mechanical sound suddenly rang out.

[Transmigrator No. 886 has returned, preparing transfer...]

Ping!

[Transfer successfully completed.]

The cover on the glass pod whooshed open, revealing the girl lying inside it. The moment she opened her eyes, she met the cool gaze of her boss.

Nova lazily propped his chin on the edge of the astral pod and looked down at her.

"So 886, was it fun to smash my head on the ground?"

Song Jia, "..."

Song Jia coughed and sat up, trying not to look nervous.

"Well, if you only told me the truth from the start..."

"If I told you, wouldn't you just change a lot of things? How much of a butterfly effect would that cause?"

Nova stood up, patting the non-existent dust on his bottom. He offered his hand to her.

Song Jia accepted his help and stood up.

"Do you know where Xu Jinhai is?" she asked him.

Although she had no plans of meeting him right away, since she promised to find him, Song Jia would not break her word.

A strange expression flashed across Nova's face. He nonchalantly replied, "No, I don't know."

"You don't know where the male god of this world is? Weren't you the one who told me about his information?"

Song Jia didn't believe him. Since she had discovered the truth, her trust in her boss had gone down to the negatives.

Nova looked offended. "Honestly, I really don't know. I thought he would arrive here before you woke up, but there hasn't been any sign of him."

Song Jia picked up the hidden meaning from his words and quickly said, "So he knows who I am?"

Nova nodded.

Song Jia pursed her lips. So it turns out that he didn't even need her to find him, since he had already found her first.

In response to Nova's earlier words, she said, "Maybe he's busy."

"Even if he's busy, he always comes here to guard your body during your missions. Even when you're awake, he only makes himself invisible but keeps on stalking you. Since you now seem to be ready to talk to him, I don't understand why he chose this time to leave you alone."

Nova decided to tattle on Xu Jinhai. Don't joke with him, he had been sitting on pins and needles ever since he became the boss of his white moonlight. It was rare that he wasn't around her, so he was making good use of this opportunity.

Song Jia was speechless after listening to Nova's 'confession.' After a moment, she asked, "How do you know he's not invisible right now?"

"I already downloaded several detection programs like thermal equipment into my software, so I know if he's there."

Since Nova was an A.I., he could update his software as much as he wanted.

Song Jia couldn't help but shake her head. Even her stoic A.I. boss had to guard against Xu Jinhai. She promised him that she would find him, but Song Jia still felt unnerved at the thought that he had already known about her even before she knew about him, and that he could be anywhere around her, at anytime.

Song Jia was still reeling about the information that Nova had told her back in the underworld. She wanted some buffer time to think about all of it, and process what she really felt for Xu Jinhai.