273 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (25)

From the moment the meeting had ended, Song Jia had felt the Great Demon King's presence behind her.

He had already told her about another one of his abilities, 『Stealth』.

Along with teleportation, it was a skill that was categorized under the deadly sin of 『Acedia』. Those who belong to the court of sloth were lazy and inactive, which meant that most of their abilities were defensive rather than offensive.

Teleportation could preserve their energy, stealth would make them invisible to their enemies, and along with 『Nullification』, like an invincible wall, most attacks would be rendered ineffective against sloth demons.

This was the reason why even though all of the other six courts looked down on 『Acedia』, they mostly left them alone. Like a turtle that did not disturb anyone but had a hard shell, it was better to abandon conquests that would only cost them losses and no profits.

Song Jia smiled at the Great Demon King and said, "Thank you for restraining yourself, Jinhai."

The Great Demon King slowly lowered his gaze to look at her.

"That's because I know Jia doesn't like to see me doing violent things."

He had calmed himself down by thinking that he could just kill those demon lords one by one later. He still needed them to find those angels for him.

"Jia, can you reconsider marrying me again? They underestimate you too much. If we get married, there is a ritual that can be done to transfer half of my power to you..."

He wanted to marry Song Jia as soon as possible, but this wasn't his only intention. Half of his power was enough to defeat five demon lords. He had no qualms of giving all of his power to Song Jia, but he was afraid that she would leave him if he became totally useless.

She was the pearl at the tip of his heart. He couldn't bear for anyone to look down on her.

Song Jia shook her head, "No need. Even if they think I'm weak, isn't there still you by my side?"

Song Jia's main priority was now the vengeful reincarnator. Getting stronger and rising up in the ranks in the demon world, those things would have to wait. She had no choice but to depend on the Great Demon King, this golden thigh that offered himself to her.

The Great Demon King's knees weakened after hearing her words, making him stumble. He quickly covered his mouth to cover his smile. Ah ah ah, his heart was about to melt like Q candy.

Why was this girl so cute? The way she said those sweet words in a straightforward manner made him want to pounce on her.

"Of course, Jia only needs to rely on me."

As they walked side by side, he matched his pace with hers. The Great Demon King couldn't help but peek at Song Jia.

Song Jia was telling him her new discovery about the unknown object in her hand. Although he was also listening, half of his mind had already flown elsewhere.

Thinking about it, how long has it been since they last kissed? The Great Demon King was feeling a bit restless...

Even if they hadn't married, they could do stuff like those, right? At the very least, when they were walking together like this, he wanted to hold her hand or wrap his arm around her waist.

"...so this object shouldn't be a weapon, at least in my own opinion..."

Song Jia continued on, oblivious to the inattention of her listener. She turned towards him.

"Jinhai, do you get what I mean?"

The Great Demon King absently nodded.

"So Jia, what's your ideal type for a man?"

Song Jia was speechless.

Was he listening to her at all?

Song Jia looked up at him, "A guy who listens to what I'm saying."

"...Jia, I'll do better from now on."

The Great Demon King felt a bit depressed. It seemed that the road to chasing his wife was still long.

...

Tendrils of mist slithered over the surface of the lotus pond, filling it with a moving, swirling whiteness. The air was damp and moist, the skies above them grey and covered with heavy clouds.

He slowly rowed the wooden boat forward, staring at the girl sitting opposite him. She let her hand trail in the water, her fingers creating tiny ripples on the water surface as the boat moved along. Her other hand held an oil-paper umbrella, which was painted with red lotus flowers.

"Jia'er, are you making a lotus wine for me?"

As if she couldn't hear him, the girl didn't answer.

He didn't give up, and continued on leaning forward towards her.

"Jia'er, if you're going to make a lotus wine for me...let's drink it together, alright?"

Suddenly, he saw that the whole lotus pond had turned red. He let go of the paddles in shock, before turning to the girl in front of him in panic.

"Jia'er!"

He saw that her white dress was stained red, and it was slowly spreading, like a lotus flower unfurling its petals. Her voice sounded all around him, sounding fainter with each word that was spoken.

"Be a good monarch to this world..."

"I did, Jia'er, I did, will you come back to me? I did my best to make the empire prosper, Jia'er, Jia'er..."

"Let's not meet in our next life."

"No, no, Jia'er, Jia'er!"

Like smoke, her form disappeared, swallowed into the dense mist.

The Great Demon King violently woke up, breathing hard. He clutched his chest and bent over, shuddering and sweating heavily. His heart felt as if it was being torn into pieces inside his chest by a blunt knife.

"Not again...Jia..."

He looked beside him, but the bed was empty. An unknown panic engulfed him, and the Great Demon King stumbled out of the bed. His eyes were wild and dilated with fear. He even forgot his own teleportation abilities and rushed towards the door.

Before he could open it, the knob twisted and Song Jia appeared in front of him holding a glass of water.

Her voice was filled with surprise.

"Jinhai, what..."

The water spilled on the floor, the glass rolling away as the Great Demon King hugged her with all of his strength. Song Jia winced with pain.

"Jia, don't leave me, don't leave..." His urgent desire made him kiss the woman inside his arms, his strength great and almost bruising her. He clutched her face and kissed her desperately. "Stay here, stay with me, don't go...I beg you..."

Song Jia felt that something was wrong, and tried to push him away to look at his face. But the Great Demon King's voice suddenly turned harsh and cold.

"Don't open your eyes!"

Song Jia froze.

"Jia, don't open your eyes...let me stay with you a little longer..." He felt her beating pulse and sighed in relief. "Don't disappear and let me dream for a while, en?"

Song Jia's feeling that something wasn't right became even stronger. With all of her strength, she pushed him away and finally managed to look at him.

"Jinhai, what is wrong with you?!"

The Great Demon King stared at Song Jia in a daze. As if waking up from a deep slumber, his eyes slowly refocused.

His voice sounded just as confused as hers.

"Jia?"