252 Reality (8)

Song Jia lowered her eyes to look at the man that had wrapped himself like an anaconda around her body.

There was a small cut beside Xu Jinhai's left eye, and his lower lip was bloody. Scrapes and bruises were all over the visible parts of his arms. Thinking better of it, Song Jia decided not to wake him up.

She moved a little bit, so that his face wasn't buried deeply into the crook of her neck. She was afraid that he wouldn't be able to breathe comfortably.

It should be impossible for him to be aware of her small movements, but Xu Jinhai's breathing still stuttered a little. She felt his powerful grip tighten around her waist, and a wrinkle formed between his brows. Xu Jinhai wriggled his body until his head was buried into her neck again. Only after doing these series of actions did his breathing fell back into a steady rhythm.

Song Jia stared blankly at the ceiling, not knowing whether to laugh or cry. He became even closer to her than before, with his lips pressed on the skin of her neck. If he wasn't so injured, she would certainly kick him out of the bed. Unable to move, Song Jia fell asleep again.

Right around six in the morning, it began to rain. The soft patter of raindrops hitting the roof gradually made Song Jia wake up for the second time.

"Jia, good morning."

Xu Jinhai's voice was hoarse, still thick with sleep. He had only woken up a few minutes before her. Moving a bit sluggishly, he put his head on her shoulder, the comfortable weight reminding Song Jia of his existence.

The two of them stared at the water beads rolling down the glass window, pulling together to form large trickles. Outside, dark clouds covered the sun, and in the pitch-black sky, only a faint glow told them that it was already morning.

"Jinhai, what time did you come in last night?"

"Well, around nine o'clock." Xu Jinhai rubbed his cheek on her shirt as he recalled. "I knocked, but you didn't answer. I thought something might have happened, so I teleported inside. Later, I saw you sleeping, so I took a bath and fell asleep beside you."

"Aren't you trespassing?"

"Jia, what breakfast do you want? I'll cook for you."

"Don't change the subject."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. I'll punish myself by making you breakfast then."

Song Jia sighed.

Xu Jinhai let out a low chuckle. He lifted his head and gave a quick kiss to the underside of her jaw before slowly kissing his way to the base of her throat. He stopped there, inhaling deeply to take in as much of her flowery scent as possible.

"Jia, you smell so good."

For a while, he didn't move. It was rare for Song Jia to let him hold her like this without moving. They stared at the rain and listened for the occasional sounds of thunder, feeling lazy and comfortable.

Showing an expression filled with reluctance, Xu Jinhai got out of the bed. He had thrown his previous bloody clothes into the trash, and he was now wearing a clean white shirt and black trousers. Halfway through the door, he spotted Song Jia's hoodie.

Song Jia had deliberately made the hoodie several sizes too big for her, the hem almost reaching her knees. Xu Jinhai happily put it on, which still had traces of her scent. On him, it was a perfect fit.

Because it didn't have any zipper, it tousled his jet-black hair and his bangs stuck upwards in a temporary cowlick. Xu Jinhai lazily ran his hand through his hair to flatten it down.