237 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (59)

Nova sighed and sat down beside her, running a hand through his hair.

"Well...it'll be too hard for you to understand if I explain like this. Instead, let me tell you a story."

Song Jia raised an eyebrow. "A story?"

"This is a story that happened a long, long time ago. This is a story that APHI told me, about a boy whose psychic powers were so powerful that he fell into a coma because he could hear every thought, feel every emotion, and it was too much of a burden for him."

Song Jia became quiet.

"This boy was born on Yujinxiang, the only heir of an affluent family. He liked to stay asleep because he had difficulty controlling his powers when he was conscious. As he grew older, he was more asleep than awake until he fell into a coma and didn't wake up.

"His parents were worried about him, so wanting him to at least have a normal life, they connected him to virtual reality. When the boy was connected to VR, he realized that every mind was connected to it, and because his mind was connected to it, he realized that using psychic mind control, he could subtly influence every single mind on the planet. He could rewrite memories, let them see illusions, and even create a whole new world by himself."

Song Jia almost vomited blood.

"Even if he's a male god, that's too much power, isn't it? What else does he have? Telepathy? Telekinesis? Astral projection?"

Nova ticked it off with his finger. "Well, there's also his ability to see ghosts, levitation, apportation, divination, dream telepathy, ergokinesis, psychometry, pyrokinesis......"

Song Jia was speechless.

"...and etcetera. Honestly, just by sneezing and letting his powers run amok for a second, he could cause a global catastrophe. That's why his parents decided to let him run freely in virtual reality instead of waking him up from his coma. By the time his mind was connected to VR, he was already controlling every mind that was connected to it, thus controlling the virtual world itself."

Song Jia was unable to speak a word. Even Superman's powers could still be counted to the second digit [1], but the male god's power got directly translated to etcetera?

Song Jia licked her dry lips and said, "Don't tell me that the boy you're talking about is...Xu Jinhai."

Nova said blandly, "Yes, it's exactly him."

Song Jia, "..."

"So it's statistically possible that when Zhao Cheng fused his soul with Xu Jinhai's, the underworld and virtual reality also collided, creating Manzusha. What I'm guessing is that Manzusha's 'citizens' are actually the natural souls living in the underworld. Remember about the news when the various avatars of VR players attacked the 'citizens' of Manzusha? I actually think that this is the great war of angels and demons mentioned in the underworld history."

Song Jia finally snapped out of her shock and asked, "You mean...the so-called angels that we fought before are players of VR, and the demons here in the underworld are the deceased souls?"

"In addition to that, I think Xu Jinhai trapped them here. After fusing himself with Zhao Cheng, I think the male god had amnesia and truly believed that he was a 'demon.' For the players in VR that attacked his fellow citizens, he believed them to be their natural enemies, thus having the status of 'angels,' the natural arch nemesis of demons. Xu Jinhai's own powers subtly influenced all of the minds here that it was true, and thus that's what everyone started to believe in.

"The vengeful reincarnator only knew the truth because she reincarnated and went back to the past, back when she still had the identity of a virtual reality player. But she had already killed several citizens of the underworld, so even if she knew, she still couldn't escape her fate of being killed."