266 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (18)

It wasn't long before it spread to the rest of the underworld that the demon lord of lust had met her demise by provoking the Great Demon King.

The sixth court of 『Luxuria』was then annexed to become part of the Great Demon King's territory. The grand wedding was also canceled, and all of the guests were sent back to their own territories. Rumors spread that the greed demon lord Yanluo was also punished by the Great Demon King, but as for the reason why, no one managed to find out.

Not long after these rumors died out, news were leaked that the Great Demon King was renovating his whole castle. Demon lord Songdi of the third court of 『Superbia』 supervised it himself, making it as grand as possible. Statues were built in both the outer court and the gardens, while domed ceilings were covered all over with fresco paintings.

"Jia...looking at this, you truly show me the real potential of humanity. From this moment on, your performance will be immortalized, a legend that will never be forgotten."

Nova whistled as he looked above them, studying the detailed painting on the ceiling. It showed a collage of how Song Jia and the Great Demon King met, including her 'lively' performance at the annual meeting.

The statues that had been placed all around the castle were also sculpted to be a replica of both Song Jia and the Great Demon King, which showed them in various lovey-dovey couple poses.

Song Jia, "..."

She looked back at the book that she was reading, not wanting to comment. She felt that as a ruler, the Great Demon King was really lacking. The homeland was not yet united, but he was in the mood for spring romance. Yesterday, she even caught him arguing with one of the sculptors he had hired.

"Jia is more beautiful than this ugly statue. This statue should have the aura of making fishes sink, birds fall, eclipse the moon, shame the flowers [1] and with one look, capable of launching a thousand ships!"

Song Jia hurriedly hid herself and ran away, not wanting him to see her. What kind of ghost was he describing? Was someone like that even human?

This grandma have no ambitions to become a weapon of mass destruction to the ecosystem, ah!

"Have you found any answers to the male god's sickness yet?"

Nova's voice jolted Song Jia out of her thoughts. She closed the book that she was reading with a sigh.

"No, there was nothing written here that's similar to his disease. Are you sure that demon lord Taishan couldn't make an antidote? Even a strong painkiller would do."

Nova had already been roped in by the Great Demon King to his scheme. Without blinking, he said confidently, "We've already tried consulting him several times. Jia, you're overestimating the demon lord of envy too much. It's true that they have a wealth of information, but it's knowledge pertaining to what they have envied. Who would envy a disease? Healthcare is practically nonexistent here."

"I know that." Song Jia rubbed her forehead and glanced at the thick stack of books beside her. "But I can't give up. Without an antidote for his sickness, I can't leave his side. For some reason, his heart doesn't hurt when I'm with him."

"..." Nova could only applaud the male god silently in his heart. He had upgraded the term 'heartbreak' into a real life-threatening condition.

Looking at the causative 'virus' that looked confused about how such a strange disease came to be, Nova couldn't help but laugh up his sleeves in amusement.

These two...

A destructive flame and a stubborn rock, truly a pair destined by the heavens.

Their CP could even form into an asteroid and destroy a whole planet, killing all of them. How nice.

"Jia, shouldn't you be searching for the male god by now? Who knows if his disease had struck again."

Song Jia waved a hand, "I know, I know. I haven't forgotten my mission."

Nova had finally told her the details of her mission. Apparently, the vengeful reincarnator of this world was a child of fate, and extremely hated demons due to her past life. Because of this, she waged war against the male god. Although the male god would win in the end, he became crippled during the war. This provoked him to challenge the heavens after going into hiding and immersing himself in cultivation.

The balance between the heavens and the underworld was broken as a consequence, causing catastrophic destruction.

Song Jia had been surprised by this. "Heavens and the underworld? You can't be saying that this place is really the underworld, right?"

"It might be. This world could be in a higher dimension, higher even than our own. While we live in a three dimensional world, this plane might be a seventh dimensional one, with a different set of laws of physics. Who knows?"

Song Jia didn't want to talk hypotheticals with him, so she didn't respond. She also realized that for the balance between the two opposing forces to remain stable, she needed to prevent the vengeful reincarnator from provoking the male god.

In addition, she had to prevent the male god from becoming crippled. His injury had made him vengeful, becoming more cruel and more bloodthirsty than he already was.

[1] From a merged Ch. idiom of the four legendary beauties in ancient China, 沉魚落雁, 閉月羞花. Xi Shi makes the fish forget how to swim with her beauty, Wang Zhaojun entices birds into falling, Diaochan eclipses the moon, and Yang Guifei shames the flowers with her beautiful appearance.