247 Reality (3)

The two of them went into the mall. Just like before, a hologram greeted them, but Song Jia waved it away.

Song Jia paused at the first floor. Because the first floor was filled with beauty products, a floor-length mirror was installed everywhere. As soon as she entered, she caught sight of their reflection.

She had swapped her transmigrator uniform for casual clothes, and her short hair was sticking into different directions because of Xu Jinhai's tousling earlier. Standing next to the picture-perfect Xu Jinhai, Song Jia suddenly became aware of why Li Qing approached them earlier.

It must be because they thought she didn't suit him, right?

She wasn't aware of it while she was with him, because Xu Jinhai didn't make her feel that anything was wrong. But now, Song Jia couldn't help but feel that she was indeed average.

During her transmigration missions, all the original hosts she possessed were all beautiful. What did Xu Jinhai think when he first saw her? Was he disappointed?

Xu Jinhai also saw their reflection. He raised the corners of his lips, nudging his feet to stand even closer to her. Is this what they were going to look like in their marriage picture? Then, in their family portrait, he would be carrying a little daughter...

"Jia, your shirt matches my trench coat, this is definitely fate."

Song Jia was wearing a pastel blue shirt. The only black color there was the small text that was printed on the front.

Xu Jinhai's voice broke Song Jia's thoughts. She quickly shook her head and stopped looking at their reflection, instead going straight to the display case to buy skin products.

She had money now, she could afford to be beautiful!

Xu Jinhai had no knowledge of skin products and make up tools, so he only followed Song Jia, glancing here and there. The only thing he recognized was sunscreen.

There was a line of samples that one could try on, so Xu Jinhai curiously opened what looked like a tube of brown stick.

"Jia, what's this?" He showed it to her.

Song Jia only glanced at it before saying, "That's a contour stick. The color automatically adjusts to your skin tone, so you can just spread it all over your face."

Xu Jinhai looked at the product in his hand. So this was the kind of product that she uses?

"Alright, this is the last one."

Song Jia finally sighed and dropped the last item inside the cart. Hua's mall carts were storage space rings, which automatically tallied the cost of everything that was put inside.

Song Jia felt that she was going to go bankrupt just by staying on the first floor. At first, she only wanted to buy some things, but more and more products caught her eye.

An eye cream that could remove eye-bags in 3 days...blemish remover that could fade dark spots with only seven applications...a face mask that could shrink pores and make your skin look as if it had that photoshop effect for 24 hours...

No wonder Hua was the top business empire in the galactic confederation. They definitely knew how to keep their consumers on coming.

Song Jia turned around to talk to Xu Jinhai, but a "pu" sound left her mouth as she burst out laughing.

"Jinhai...what..."

He had applied the contour stick on his whole face, and now his face was a mass of patches of two colors. When she told him that the contour stick could adapt to one's skin tone, Song Jia meant that on the places where contour would be used, the color would become darker and lighter than your skin color to sculpt your face.