233 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (55)

Song Jia watched the spider lilies dance in the wind.

Nova had already returned to the castle, and today was the fourth day Zhao Cheng had stayed in Xu Jinhai's body.

This meant that it would also be the last time that she would see Zhao Cheng, since Xu Jinhai's consciousness would return.

"Jia'er."

Song Jia turned around. Zhao Cheng was walking towards her with a smile, carrying a large basket. Song Jia returned his smile and took the basket.

They were planning to have a picnic on the royal court's inner garden, inside the garden pavilion. Although Zhao Cheng refused at first, considering that it was the place where she had been kidnapped and disappeared weeks before, he was helpless against Song Jia's insistence.

"All of these look delicious."

Song Jia held her chopsticks and wasn't stingy on her praises about the food. These were all cooked by Zhao Cheng, who was determined to make up for his mistakes last time.

A red flush appeared on Zhao Cheng's cheeks. He had cooked the food that she liked, and he was nervous that she wouldn't like it. When Song Jia picked up the first spiral bun and put it into her mouth, he held his breath as she chewed.

Song Jia blinked. "Just how much did you improve? Was this really cooked by you?"

She looked at him with a suspicious gaze.

Zhao Cheng, "..."

He nodded his head quickly. "Jia'er, it was really cooked by me!"

He loosened a breath and finally relaxed, giving her another dish to try. Zhao Cheng beamed and secretly pumped his fist under the table. It seemed that all of his hard effort didn't betray him!

Zhao Cheng eagerly watched Song Jia eat the dishes he had cooked, his elbow propped on the table with his chin resting on his hand. His lips were curved into a smile, his eyes soft. When he saw a stray crumb on Song Jia's cheek, he reached out and rubbed it away with his thumb.

Song Jia paused and momentarily stopped eating, a bit embarrassed. She pushed one of the dishes in front of Zhao Cheng.

"You...you should eat too."

Zhao Cheng couldn't help but laugh at her cute appearance. He pushed it back to her.

"I cooked all of these for Jia'er, so I want Jia'er to eat all of it."

"How could I eat all of these? Besides, it's awkward to eat alone."

"Jia'er isn't alone, aren't I here with you?"

"That's not what I meant!"

Zhao Cheng laughed again. When he took the dish from Song Jia's insistent hand and finally ate, his smile was bigger than before. He knew she was worried that he was hungry.

But when he finally put the food inside his mouth, he was stunned that it tasted salty.

Zhao Cheng choked.

"Jia'er, don't eat this, it's salty!"

Song Jia was looking at him with shock.

"No....it's because you're crying."

Zhao Cheng hurriedly put down his chopsticks and swiped the back of his hand across his eyes. As expected, his hand came away wet with tears. Embarrassed, he turned away from her and rubbed at his eyes.

"I think it might be dust that suddenly entered my eyes....don't mind me, Jia'er."

Flustered, he frantically raised the hem of his robe and made sure to wipe away any sign of tears on his face.