250 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (2)

Jiajia was a serf demon that belonged to Lord Yanluo, who supervised the fifth court of 『Avaritia』or greed.

Song Jia was surprised to learn that the world she had transmigrated into mirrored the Chinese Underworld, with its courts and designated kings.

However, instead of ten courts, there were only seven, and the crimes being punished in each one had been reorganized to fall under the Judeo-Christian belief of the seven deadly sins. As for the remaining three courts, it was annexed to become the main court of the Great Demon King.

"I guess I need to return now."

Song Jia looked at the blood-red moon with a deep sigh. Burning a single sheet of joss paper, her small figure quickly vanished into thin air.

...

"Jiajia, where have you been?"

Jiajia's aunt, Chen Hui, pinched her niece's ear as she dragged the disobedient child towards the servants quarters.

They were a family of female snake demons who had served Lord Yanluo as his personal maidservants for several generations, and she was training Jiajia to become her successor.

Unfortunately, this girl was too disobedient, frequently slacking off on her duties and running away from the fifth court.

The moment Chen Hui let go of her ear, Song Jia secretly rubbed it with the expression of someone who was wronged. She had been running away to explore the demon world to find traces of Nova.

When she first ran away to find Nova in their own court, Chen Hui had spanked her. After she ran away for a second time to investigate if Nova was in the third court of 『Superbia』, Chen Hui had made her kneel on uncooked rice. And the third time she directly charged towards Lord Yanluo's bedroom to see if Yanluo was Nova, Chen Hui had made her face the wall for thirty-six hours.

Song Jia had ran out of ideas on where to find Nova. If he wasn't in the fifth court of 『Avaritia』where greedy people stole money and he wasn't in the third court of 『Superbia』where narcissistic people were being punished, then where else could he be?

Song Jia could only admit that she was truly stumped this time.

"Jiajia, hurry up and change into your maid uniform. This time, I'll take you with me while I serve Lord Yanluo's breakfast, so observe carefully."

Song Jia's eyes brightened. This was an opportunity to meet the demon lord and find out if Nova had possessed his body!

...

Lord Yanluo's fifth court of 『Avaritia』was divided into four sections. The first section was Lord Yanluo's castle, where the demon lord lived. The second section housed the army barracks where his army and knights lived, and the third section was where serfs and peasants like Jiajia and Chen Hui slept.

The fourth and last section was Lord Yanluo's Wailing Hell, where he punished the greedy souls of humans and absorbed their sins.

Those who murdered people for their property and money, the money lenders who charged high interest rates, and the people who did evil crimes for the sake of greed were all put into the Wailing Hell. In there, Lord Yanluo's knights would throw these greedy souls into a mountain of knives, their wails forever becoming the BGM of the fifth court.

Demons rise in power and rank by absorbing the sins of humans. For the demons that belonged to Lord Yanluo's fifth court of 『Avaritia』, they rise in power by absorbing greed. This is why demons, when they had a chance to visit the human world, did their best to tempt humans to commit evil.

"Jiajia, Lord Yanluo is not someone you can provoke. Even if he dismembers you on the spot, there would be nothing that I can do."

Chen Hui warned her niece for the last time. Keke [1], it's not that she particularly cared about her dead sister's child.

As a demon that absorbed greed, she was only filled with her own selfish desires. Jiajia was her own family, if Lord Yanluo got annoyed by Jiajia, her own rank would be in danger.

Their family had served Demon Lord Yanluo for generations. Chen Hui was still not satisfied with the treasures and the glory that came from being a Demon Lord's maidservant. She needed to accumulate more power, more glory, more treasures, until she can become a knight.

And then step by step, accumulate more power, more glory, and more treasures again, until she can became a noble.

Keke, the sin of greed was a bottomless pit. She wanted, no, needed, to have everything in her hands. And it would still never be enough...

That's why Jiajia, don't hinder your aunt when she's still on the bottom step. We have a long staircase to climb, oh~

Song Jia looked up at the set of ornate golden doors in front of her. Her hair had been changed into long twin braids that hung down past her waist, tied with red ribbons and their accompanying golden bells.

She lightly nodded her head, "I know, Aunt Chen."

Chen Hui pushed open the double doors, one of her hands holding a large tray. It was filled with so much food that it could have fed a small army. A steaming china bowl of haddock soup, a large plate of eggs, steak, and hasselback potato, a glass of juice and wine, a dish of caramel pudding, and mooncakes on a silver platter.

Its weight alone could probably anchor a ship.

"Lord Yanluo, it's time for your meal..."

After saying that, Chen Hui entered, while Song Jia closely followed behind her. She peeked behind Chen Hui's skirt, trying to get a glimpse of the terrifying demon lord.

In the end, all she saw was a donkey-shaped lump on the bed.

[1] Ch. onomatopoeia for chuckling