223 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (37)

Ye Minzhe grabbed the tray from Papa Ye's reaching hands, snatching away the last two macarons he had yet to eat.

"Old man, it's the apocalypse, survival of the fittest, yet you're getting fatter. It's not very realistic. Look at your stomach, what kind of survivor had that kind of belly? You'll be the first one to die."

Papa Ye's face turned red. "Ye Minzhe, you brat! After seeing my last will, all you've talked about is my death!"

Watching the interaction between father and son, Song Jia could only cover her face with her hand. It was obvious by the name he bestowed on Ye Minzhe that Papa Ye had great hopes for his son [1]. Unfortunately, these hopes were being dashed quickly like a stone striking an egg.

"Minzhe!" Ding Xiuxiu came running towards them, accompanied by Gong Qiye and Ouyang Che.

"Did Aotian come here? We couldn't find him anywhere on the ship!" She cried.

Song Jia frowned.

Ye Minzhe reached out and smoothened her frown away. He didn't want her to waste her energy on irrelevant people. Besides, was that bastard worth even the tiniest part of her thoughts? Ye Minzhe felt jealous. His Jia should only be thinking about him.

Ye Minzhe sneered at Ding Xiuxiu.

"Don't bother me about that bastard. His luck should be great, not being able to meet me. Otherwise..."

He didn't bother to finish his sentence, since everybody instantly knew what he meant.

Ding Xiuxiu paled. "You...would really choose Ye Jia over Aotian? Aotian had been your friend for years!"

Just like her, who had grown up with Ye Minzhe since childhood. Was their relationship really that insignificant to him? So easy to give up for a single Ye Jia whom he had only met for a few months?

"So?" Ye Minzhe gave a careless shrug. He pointed to an ugly marble statue not far away from them. "That statue has been there since I was a kid, doesn't mean I value it more than the shoes I bought just a few months ago."

Ye Minzhe was an avid collector of shoes. In fact, there was even an entire floor in the Ye Mansion dedicated to the shoes that he had bought. The strange thing was, he didn't wear any of it, simply keeping them on display.

Ding Xiuxiu's eyes became filled with tears. Gong Qiye angrily glared at Ye Minzhe.

"Come on Xiuxiu, forget about him, we'll look for Aotian by ourselves."

The two of them left, leaving an awkward Ouyang Che.

"Brother Minzhe, I also think that Aotian was in the wrong. He decided to protect Jia, but he didn't fulfill his promise. Just don't get too angry at Xiuxiu, you know how much your opinion matters to her."

"Do I care?"

With that blunt reply from Ye Minzhe, the rest of what he wanted to say got stuck on Ouyang Che's throat. In a rare moment of wisdom, he decided to shut up.

Ouyang Che secretly glanced at Song Jia. She noticed his gaze and lifted her eyes to meet his. Her eyes were blue, a stark comparison to her Oriental features. Ouyang Che's breath got stuck in his throat. Was Ye Jia this beautiful before?

Suddenly, his view got blocked by a tall shadow. Ye Minzhe glared at him, his fists clenched.

"Ouyang Che, do you want to die early?" He asked through gritted teeth.

Ouyang Che paled. "Sorry, Brother Minzhe."

He quickly left, footsteps unsteady and hurried. Ah ah ah, Brother Minzhe's face was too scary just now!

Ye Minzhe covered his chest with his hand. The anger coursing through his veins was white-hot, burning him from inside out. He didn't want Song Jia to see his expression, so he made sure to calm himself down before turning around.

"Jia, I have something important to tell you. Come with me?"

The moment they went back to her bedroom, Ye Minzhe closed the door.

Song Jia looked at him. "What do you want to tell me?"

Ye Minzhe looked at her. Simply by feeling her gaze on him made his whole body shudder with excitement. He had the insatiable desire to possess her, to mark her, the need of it so strong that he could barely restrain himself.

The worry that she would leave him, not like him, and disappear without warning always lingered at the back of his mind, like a demon he couldn't exorcise. If he could, he really wanted to build a world that would only be for the two of them, where other people couldn't intrude, and she...wouldn't be able to escape from.

How terrible this dark thought inside his heart was, Ye Minzhe also knew. That was why, he really wanted her to be the one to make the move, for her to take the initiative to imprison him, for her to be the one to press him below her, for her to take the initiative to swallow him into her own world.

That way, she wouldn't hate him. Otherwise, he would be...

Unable to control himself anymore, and forcefully make her forever his, in every way imaginable.

Jia, I really can't wait anymore. So before I start doing things that would make you hate me, I beg you to love me already.

Ye Minzhe grabbed her waist.

"This."

Just as the word fell down, the tall youth lowered his head and kissed her lips. He slanted his mouth across her lips and hungrily deepened the kiss.

Painful, fierce, and desperate kisses.

When Ye Minzhe finally allowed her to breathe, he didn't completely pull away but pressed his forehead against hers. A silver thread hung between their lips, unwilling to part. Song Jia's cheeks turned red.

"I can't..." Ye Minzhe kissed the corner of her lips, his arm tightening around her waist.

"Get enough..." His lips were back on hers, biting her lower lip hard. "Of you."

The pure raw feeling he felt scared him to the bone, but it was also an addictive feeling that he couldn't resist. Ye Minzhe was completely intoxicated.

"Jia, what are you doing to me?"

He focused on her eyes, clear and pure, like a beautiful landscape being cleansed under spring rain. It was almost as if the girl standing in front of him was both a dream and an illusion, a moon in the water, a flower in the mirror. The moment he thought he had caught her, she would disappear and he would wake up.

Song Jia licked her swollen lips and said, "Well, I...have a bit of an idea."

They were so close that she could feel a burning hot pillar standing erect, pressing insistently against her hips. Despite himself, Ye Minzhe laughed.

He was actually feeling uncomfortable since a long time ago. Every time they kissed, his little brother often woke up. Since a moment ago, it had swelled painfully against the crotch of his jeans, and the throbbing sensation caused by the blood rushing there nearly made him groan.

[1] Minzhe meant sensitive and wise in Chinese.