242 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (64)

Nova was in his usual position at the library, passing away the time. He briefly wondered if Song Jia had finally convinced the male god to leave.

If it was her, he didn't have any concerns at all.

Nova suddenly froze. He felt the waves of killing intent before he even noticed his presence.

"Bang!"

He immediately jumped out of his chair and rolled on the floor, barely avoiding being killed on the spot.

"You're pretty good, for someone who wants to imitate being my subordinate."

The chair Nova had been sitting on evaporated into thin air. He realized with a sinking heart that he couldn't move his body. His consciousness also stayed in this world, despite his desperate efforts to leave.

Nova stopped struggling. He managed to think a lot of things in a short period of time.

Considering that the male god was attacking him without any restraint, it meant that Song Jia's soul had already left this world. The male god had also recovered his memories as Xu Jinhai, because he could now use his psychic powers effortlessly.

Nova calmly looked at Xu Jinhai.

"Can I stand up?"

Xu Jinhai didn't respond, but Nova felt that the force tying down his limbs were beginning to loosen. He gingerly stood up, thinking carefully about his next actions.

"Don't bother," Xu Jinhai told him. "I can read your mind."

"Did you also try to read her mind?"

Nova didn't have to say her name to make Xu Jinhai know which person he was talking about.

Xu Jinhai paused and said, "I would never dare."

Well...it was not that he didn't want to, it was just that he was worried what would happen to him if he got caught.

Xu Jinhai pulled over a chair and sat down, staring at the man in front of him. He had many questions to ask him, but he needed to prioritize the most important question first. And that was...

"What is your relationship with Jia?"

"We're just friends," Nova said without missing a beat.

"You're not Wen Yu." Xu Jinhai wasn't asking for a confirmation, but making a statement. "You and Jia know each other in the real world?"

"Yes. We can be called as...colleagues."

Xu Jinhai tilted his head, then said out of the blue, "You're good at controlling your thoughts."

There was a psychological theory called the white bear problem which stated that deliberate attempts to suppress certain thoughts would make them more likely to surface. In an interrogation, most individuals wouldn't be able to stop themselves from immediately thinking thoughts that were related to the question that was asked.

"Thank you."

Nova forced a smile. Sweat beaded down his forehead, as he constantly had to multiply large numbers in his head to stop from thinking any unnecessary thoughts. If he had been back in his A.I. state, he wouldn't have been this vulnerable.

"What kind of colleagues?" Xu Jinhai leaned back on his chair, looking relaxed. "Did the two of you work at the same company?"

Nova felt that the question was a trap. He said, "Not necessarily. Sometimes I don't see her at all."

Xu Jinhai inwardly breathed a sigh of relief. He heard about those office romance dramas where lovers would create clandestine meetings inside the company, making their love more thrilling.