272 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (24)

Ever since he transformed his appearance, the Great Demon King never returned to his original form.

He could see for himself that Song Jia liked himself this way, so despite not being as intimidating as before, he still went to attend the meeting with the demon lords using his current appearance.

"Your Majesty...."

As soon as she felt the familiar aura, Chuljang immediately stood up from her respectful kowtow. If Wen Yu was the Great Demon King's right-hand advisor, then she could be said to be the Great Demon King's trusted left-hand commander. She was deeply worried about him after hearing the news that his court had gotten destroyed.

But after seeing the Great Demon King, the flood of words just got dried up in her throat.

The rest of the demon lords that had been waiting in the conference room were also rendered speechless.

Uh...it seems like their Great Demon King had shrank?

"Everybody, take your seats."

Intimidating or not, the majesty in his movements and tone were still unparalleled.

All of the demon lords took their seats, silence once again enveloping the whole room.

"Yanluo, report."

The Great Demon King leaned against the throne, his cold gaze landing on the greed demon lord.

"Yes, Your Majesty." Yanluo stood up in his seat and bowed. He then faced the rest of the room, "Yesterday, the angel that His Majesty had bestowed upon me escaped due to my own carelessness. I tried to track her to the best of my capabilities, but I didn't expect for her to bring reinforcement and attack His Majesty's castle. By the time I caught up to them, it was already too late."

Yanluo then began to narrate his fruitless attempt to track the angels.

"How did she manage to escape?" The pride demon lord Songdi asked. "I noticed Chuljang's shackle was on her ankle yesterday. Didn't we also use those shackles to imprison angels during the Great War? None of them managed to escape back then."

"Despite it being the best, it was also old." The demon lord of envy was the one who answered Songdi's question. "Just as we had evolved throughout the years, our natural enemies also advanced their tactics. It's not surprising that they managed to break a single shackle. Yanluo, you should have guarded her better."

The sin of greed came from excessive desire, while envy stemmed from resentful desire of someone else's possession. It was expected that between these two demon lords, an antagonistic relationship would form. On normal days, without meeting each other, it was just them minding their own business. But when finally meeting face to face...it was worse than a tax collector battling with a seasoned tax evader.

In the span of a few seconds, the whole conference room just descended into a heated debate.

"Enough."

With a single word, the various arguments in the room vanished.

"I've decided not to engage in war against them. It seems they are deliberately provoking us this time, so we should calmly observe first to prevent us from getting led by the nose." The Great Demon King stood up. "I want that angel to be captured as fast as possible. Aside from Songdi, all of you will join forces and hunt all of those angels in the shortest time. If possible, keep at least one of them alive and bring it back to me. Everyone, you're dismissed."

"Your Majesty..." Songdi wanted to protest. Did His Majesty suspect him of being a traitor, that's why he wasn't included in the hunting team?

"Songdi, you stay. You need to build a new castle for me and Jia."

Songdi, "..."

Oh, so that was the reason.

...

While the Great Demon King was meeting with the six demon lords, Song Jia studied the 'glass' she had picked up from Yanluo's castle. It was the first time she saw an object that looked so much like another, but wasn't.

To be harder even than diamond, just what kind of mineral was this?

What was even more peculiar was that in different kinds of light, the rectangular object in her hand turned into different colors of blue, red, and green.

Song Jia frowned. "So strange."

She was waiting for the meeting inside the conference hall to finish, as she wanted the demon lord of envy to try and identify it. She felt that the strange object in her hand was one of the biggest clues that could help them defeat the vengeful reincarnator.

There was a 'dong' sound, and a rush of voices filled the hallway.

"I'm going to mobilize my personal army to deal with this as quickly as possible. Dushi, how long will it take before your hunting dogs can track her smell?"

"It depends on how much of her scent was left in Yanluo's room. Remember, I got dibs on all of their livers."

The demon lords' voices abruptly stopped as soon as they caught sight of Song Jia.

Yanluo's gaze narrowed.

This lower-ranked demon was once his servant, but now she was the Great Demon King's future bride. In all of his lifetime, this was the biggest loss he had suffered. If he had the ability to turn back time...

Yanluo wasn't the only demon lord that was feeling mixed emotions after seeing Song Jia. Chuljang also tried to suppress her sneer. To her, Song Jia didn't even deserve to be in the Great Demon King's presence. This weak demon, becoming His Majesty's bride? It was simply a joke in her eyes.

Even a demon lord like her was completely unworthy for His Majesty!

"Demon Lord Taishan..."

The scorn and contempt in their gazes didn't matter to Song Jia. She was more focused on figuring out what the object in her hand was.

Taishan, who was the demon lord of envy. He walked towards the front, the other demon lords making way for him.

"Yes?" His lips formed a smile, but he didn't try to suppress his aura. If Song Jia hadn't levelled up in power, she would have definitely been crushed by it.

Song Jia tossed the object in her hand at him. Stunned, Taishan caught it in mid-air.

"This is..." Taishan's eyebrows furrowed.

"An object left by those angels. It's not glass, it's harder than diamond, and if held in light, it shows the three primary colors of light. Any idea on what that thing is?"

Since they didn't respect her, Song Jia didn't show any respect to them either. She didn't think anyone would dare to lay a hand against her with the Great Demon King supporting her from the back.

"I haven't seen this kind of object before. Did you find it in Yanluo's bedroom?"

Song Jia nodded, "I did."

"Taishan, is that object important?" Chuljang asked with a trace of impatience in her tone. "We still need to organize our battle strategy and we're running out of time. Even if that object has been in those angels' possession before, it might just be one of their accessories."

Song Jia knew that Chuljang had a point. The more the vengeful reincarnator was allowed to run amok, the more problematic the situation would become.

"Lord Taishan, if you don't recognize it, then it's fine. I'm just asking you in case you knew what it was." Song Jia held out her hand. "I'll try to study it in the meantime."

Taishan reluctantly gave it back to her. After they cleaned up those angels, he would have all the time in the world to study it. He didn't think Song Jia would succeed in figuring out what that object was. What can a weak demon like her do?

The moment all of the demon lords' left, Song Jia turned around. From empty air, the Great Demon King slowly materialized behind her. His expression was so dark that it could grind ink.

Song Jia softly smiled.

"Thank you for hiding and restraining yourself, Jinhai."