285 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (37)

After the meeting with the demon lords, Song Jia knew that she was going to get busy. Every new rule would always be challenged, not to mention that she had stolen her current power from the previous ruler.

Naturally, people would go and challenge her, thinking that they have a chance, and there would also be individuals that will scheme to join together and cause a coup d'etat.

Xu Jinhai was still hugging her legs. Song Jia shifted her body and pulled him up to her lap, unable to stop squeezing his soft and small body. His milky scent also made her want to pinch him all over.

"Jia, you should be careful." His serious expression was a bit strange with his chubby cheeks. "They are going to test you. I...I can't protect you now, but I can instruct you on how to use several skills that would work on them. You should also instruct Wen Yu to guard you in the dark."

Xu Jinhai felt uncomfortable. This state of not being able to protect her made him restless, as if she could be taken away from his side at any time. In fact, he didn't want her to fight at all. But because he had no power now, he didn't have any ability to protect her. Even if he immersed himself in closed door cultivation immediately, he still wouldn't be able to be on equal match with the powerful demons that would become her opponent.

"Do you regret giving your power to me?" Song Jia asked him, wanting to know his honest opinion.

In fact, she was also surprised that he handed it to her so easily. He only gave her a single condition: to promise to always stay by his side and never leave him.

Hearing her question, Xu Jinhai met her eyes and shook his head. "I can always cultivate again. I want to give you whatever you want, and satisfy your every desire. Besides, if you have power now, you will be able to protect yourself. It's much better than relying on me, because there will always be situations where I won't be by your side."

The fact that Song Jia had disappeared and got abducted even though she was in his own court had terrified him. It was better if his power was transferred to her, at least nobody would be able to harm her.

His power was enough that even if Song Jia still had no proficiency in using the skills needed for it, she could still defeat the four demon lords with brute strength. Xu Jinhai was only worried because there would always be variables, and as long as it was related to her safety, even the most protective measures would still be lacking in his eyes.

"Xu Jinhai." Song Jia felt that her heart was aching. "Aren't you worried about your own safety?"

As a Great Demon King, he had made numerous enemies in the course of his long lifetime. Now that he was so weak, it was inevitable that some demons would target him.

Xu Jinhai smiled, and his eyes turned into crescents. Even his cheeks puffed up. "I won't get separated from Jia, so Jia has to protect me. I'm now Jia's little pig team mate."

Song Jia couldn't resist anymore, and tightly hugged him. The male god was so skilled at using meng!

Xu Jinhai...suddenly started to feel a bit of regret from giving all of his power to Song Jia.

When Song Jia hugged him, he could also feel her softness pressing on his body. The tofu was there, but he couldn't eat!

Xu Jinhai wanted to cultivate immediately and get an adult body!

...

Just as Song Jia expected, challenges for the throne came one after another. The fiercest of them came from Chuljang, who appeared as if she wanted to carve out a piece of her flesh.

"Scheming fox!" Her whips lashed in the air, leaving trails of flames. "You don't deserve that power at all!"

Song Jia felt how powerful Xu Jinhai really was. She could feel his power inside her own body, which seemed like an endless sea. No matter how much she used, she could never see the bottom.