245 Transition (2)

Inside the head office of the transmigration department, two world-breaking A.I.s that had awed and stunned the world with their superior intelligence, intentionality, and first-person consciousness had sunk down into silence.

A study had been conducted in the previous century about the level of emotions an A.I. was capable of, and it was concluded that while possible, it was very difficult to simulate the same level of emotions similar to humans.

At best, A.I.s could only mimic and understand, based on physiognomic detection.

But APHI and Nova would definitely swear from top to bottom, to their input and output, their software and hardware, that what they were feeling right now was depression.

After a moment of thick silence, APHI finally raised her head and weakly said, "Maybe we could hypnotize Jia? Hypnosis is very advanced right now, and with the right method..."

"That won't work. It's better to create a scientific miracle and make 886 impregnate the male god with her baby. Then, after the male god gives birth, we can force her to take responsibility."

"Or we could make the male god give Jia all of his wealth!"

Nova snapped his fingers. "No, I got it. We just need to replace the stone in 886's chest with heart surgery."

"..."

APHI covered her face with her hands.

"Thirty-eight percent. The world is doomed. We're all doomed. I think I'm slowly losing the will to live."

Nova handed her a copy of his jiāyóu band. "Don't worry, you're not even alive."

APHI fell silent.

That was true.

APHI tied the band around her forehead, brushing away the tendrils of hair that escaped her ponytail. Her face was pretty, and her figure was slender.

She looked at her reflection on the darkened LCD screen, giving out a sigh.

For her master, she would absolutely do anything, even go to the ends of the galaxy for him. After all, he was her creator. Anything he asked, she would comply without the slightest hesitation.

APHI touched her face.

"Master, I will definitely bring your 'Jia' to you."

She had been created too late, letting her master's Jia slip away.

This time, APHI would make sure she would bring her to him.

By using any means necessary.

Nova opened his palm in front of her.

"By the way, that jiāyóu band costs a hundred credits."

APHI, "..."

Master...

Your Jia is too much of a bad influence.

...

Beep!

[Authorized permission from ADMIN confirmed].

[Access to psychiatric ward granted].

Song Jia gave a sigh of relief as the double doors slid open. Thankfully, the guidance counselor didn't ask too many questions as to why she wanted to visit the psychiatric ward of their department.

Any job has its dark side, including the transmigration industry. You couldn't be certain of the kind of people you will meet while doing your mission, and the circumstances you will experience after possessing a host compatible with your own soul.