204 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (18)

The next morning, Ye Minzhe's eyes were rimmed with red. He had not slept a wink, and his mood was inky black.

He kept staring at Song Jia like a snake about to pounce, but she acted as if she didn't even see his glaring eyes. They all decided to eat first before continuing on climbing the stairs to the upper deck, and thankfully, they saw last night that there were some snacks left inside the room.

But when they looked at it that morning, the snacks were gone.

"Where did they go?" Wen Yan was confused. "Did somebody already eat them?"

All of them shook their heads.

Finally, Ye Minzhe opened his mouth and lazily declared, "I put them on top of the cupboard for safekeeping."

Song Jia was speechless. There were no rats ah, why was he afraid that those snacks would be taken away? And he could simply put them inside a drawer, why go to the trouble of putting them on top of the cupboard?

Gu Yuan tried to reach for the snacks, but the cupboard was too tall, more than two meters. He was only 1.75 meters, he couldn't reach it.

Ye Minzhe was straddling a chair beside the bed, the chair turned backwards. He was resting his chin on his crossed arms, his eyes fixed on Song Jia.

"Student Ye, can you help me?" Gu Yuan finally gave up and turned towards Ye Minzhe.

Ye Minzhe buried his face in his arms and with his voice muffled, he grumpily said, "Not hungry."

While it was his turn to guard the door last night, he got a bright idea and put all the snacks away onto the tallest furniture he saw. Anyway, nobody could reach it, she would definitely beg for him to get it. Let's see if she could still ignore him then!

Ye Minzhe's heart was anxious, he was eagerly hoping for Song Jia to open her mouth. Just talking to him casually was fine, as long as she talked to him, he would definitely do what she said!

"Teacher, those snacks aren't fulfilling, it's better if we go to the upper decks to find some food," Song Jia spoke up. "We're already in Deck 8, there's a dining room in Deck 11 and a restaurant on Deck 12, it isn't that far."

Ye Minzhe looked as if he had been smacked by a heavy piece of wood.

Ye Jia! He howled her name deep inside his heart.

Isn't it just slightly wasting your saliva, why are you so reluctant to talk to this young master?!

Wen Yan, Sheng Li, and Gu Yuan knew how difficult it was to make Ye Minzhe listen to what they wanted him to do, so they didn't even bother trying to provoke this tyrannical death god. They immediately agreed to Song Jia's suggestion. With Ye Minzhe there, their fear of zombies had lessened and they were more optimistic about their situation than before.

Ye Minzhe felt as if he was on the edge of a breakdown. He clearly heard their stomachs growl in hunger, but they still agreed to her suggestion. Ye Jia was already so thin, if she still didn't eat when she was this hungry, wouldn't she be blown away by a strong breeze sooner or later?

Ye Minzhe furrowed his eyebrows and stood up, coldly throwing down a sentence.

"I change my mind, I'm actually hungry."

He easily scooped up the snacks that he had painstakingly hidden on top of the cupboard last night, picking the smallest package to eat. He then threw the rest at Song Jia's feet.

Song Jia looked at the sullen Ye Minzhe for the briefest of seconds, but her lips still didn't move. She quietly picked out a snack and ate it without saying another word.

...

Their journey to Deck 11 was very smooth. There were a few loitering zombies on Deck 9 and 10, but Ye Minzhe finished them in no time.

In fact, he even took the initiative to hunt for them, chasing those zombies who were far away with his baseball bat. When he returned, his baseball bat was now stained with so much blood that the original color couldn't be seen anymore.

Gu Yuan silently shook his head. Before, they were playing the role of victims being targeted, but with the presence of a single Ye Minzhe, the entire situation had reversed.

This spoiled youth was not good at academics, but in terms of being athletic, Gu Yuan couldn't deny that if Ye Minzhe claimed to be second, nobody would dare claim to be first.

"The more higher we go on the ship, the higher the chance that the zombies we encounter will increase in number, so don't let down your guards," Song Jia reminded them.

Song Jia guessed that because of the fireworks display, more passengers were loitering on the top deck of the ship rather than the lower decks. And as soon as the outbreak happened, like the scene they saw at Deck 6 where the stairs were clogged with people trying to go up, Song Jia was sure that more people would try their best to go to the top deck as well.

And where there were many people, there were sure to be a lot of infected too.

Ye Minzhe saw an emergency glass box at Deck 10 and did not hesitate to smash it with his baseball bat. He took out the axe and tried swinging it. It was heavy, but his baseball bat was barely useable. Aside from using too much force to destroy a zombie's brain, it was already getting dented in several places. He needed a new weapon.

"Let's go."

As usual, he took the lead. Ye Minzhe took a glance at Song Jia, and quickly looked away. He was already at the edge of his patience and was using the zombies to vent off his frustration.

He felt suffocated and unable to relax. He wanted to hug her again, pinch her cheeks, and stick by her side. He didn't know what he did wrong. Didn't he just hug her tightly?

Did she really get mad at him because of that?