268 Reality (24)

Song Jia immediately took a bath after they returned to the real world. Her clothes were filled with dust and spattered with blood, making her feel uncomfortable.

Xu Jinhai's bathroom was very spacious, containing dual dressing areas and walk-in closets, a rain shower framed by a glass chandelier, a massage room, a sauna, and two Jacuzzi bathtubs facing each other. Everything else was a dark gray marble with rich white accents. Automatic mood lighting also lent the whole bathroom a relaxing ambience, along with heated walls and floors.

"Being rich really means living a different lifestyle."

Song Jia sank into the bathtub, letting out a soft sigh of pleasure. The water was covered in a shallow layer of foam, and as she scooped it up in her hand, the water trickled out between her fingers. Perhaps it was because the adrenaline had finally left her body, but Song Jia felt her eyes getting heavy. She yawned and closed her eyes, leaning her head back against the bathtub and letting the warm water and fragrant air soothe her taut nerves.

"I'll just close my eyes for a bit..."

However, Song Jia underestimated her degree of exhaustion and fell into a deep sleep. Five minutes later, there was a tentative knock on the bathroom door.

"Jia?"

When nobody answered him, Xu Jinhai quickly entered the bathroom. Seeing Song Jia comfortably sleeping while still inside the bathtub, the heart that was beating quickly inside his chest started to calm down. However, it wasn't long before it started to speed up again.

Xu Jinhai ran a hand through his hair, helplessly pulling the corners of his mouth into a faint smile.

"Jia...are you intentionally making me suffer?"

He knelt beside the bathtub and looked at her sleeping face for a moment. There was a cut below her left eye, briefly treated and bandaged. Xu Jinhai's eyes darkened, and inside their depths, a bit of redness glimmered. Mesmerized, he reached out and caressed her brow, then with a featherlight touch, ran his finger down the side of her cheek.

He captured a stray water droplet with the tip of his finger. It glistened for a moment in the dim light before he rubbed it into his finger with his thumb.

"Jia."

He loved saying her name, tasting the sound on his lips. He took a towel and carefully gathered Song Jia's hair away from the water. He started to dry her hair, thoroughly rubbing each lock with the cotton towel. He liked how her hair curled lightly at the ends, and that some of the strands were wavy, while others were straight. He also noticed that Song Jia liked to keep her hair short, so it must be that she visited the salon frequently to have a haircut.

When Xu Jinhai finally found her, Song Jia's hair was already short. He didn't know if he could still find the salon where she went and ask the hairdresser if they keep the cut hair of their customers. Xu Jinhai thought that he should start learning how to cut women's hair soon. That way, he can cut Song Jia's hair on his own and also keep the cut hair as his reward.

After drying her hair, Xu Jinhai looked at Song Jia's skin that was exposed above the water. Seeing the exposed flesh, he couldn't help but swallow. His body began to heat up, and his sexual urges, which were always active whenever Song Jia was around, began to stir. He even had a huge reaction below.

However, his main priority had always been Song Jia. No matter how much his body clamored to take her, Xu Jinhai ignored it. Song Jia was too exhausted and he wanted to follow the ancient tradition of marriage, waiting until the wedding night when Song Jia legally became his true and forever wife. Because this was no longer a transmigration mission for her, it meant that she would no longer leave after completing her mission.