235 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (49)

After a few days, Papa Ye came to talk with Ye Minzhe again. He had also investigated Ye Jia's matter, and it seemed that his son had spoken the truth.

Ye Minzhe and Ye Jia weren't blood-related siblings at all.

However, as a father who was going to lose his most precious son to an outsider, he still had to take his last stand. Papa Ye gave Ye Minzhe an ultimatum.

"If you want to be with her in the future, then prove yourself to me first. Although we are in a dire situation right now, once the world recovers, I have a lot of private assets stored in my name. For you to carry the Ye family name, I must know if you can handle this huge responsibility."

Papa Ye showed all of his might as a big shot CEO, his eyes cold and tyrannical.

"Stay away from Ye Jia for a year, and go to one of our safe houses in Nanjing. Lead our men there and make it one of the best strongholds in the country. In that time, I forbid you from contacting Ye Jia at all. If you can do all of this, I would approve of your relationship with her."

Papa Ye had done a lot of research when pursuing his wife. It seemed that in the novels he had read, the protagonist's rich father often said this line.

After all, young love was very fickle. He needed to test if his son's white moonlight could stand the test of time, and be able to wait for his son.

But Ye Minzhe only gave him a white-eyed look.

"Old man, did you forget to take your medicine? If you want to tear me and Jia apart, you're dreaming. Keep your private assets to yourself, Jia and I will move out of here tomorrow. I won't stop you from adopting another son, just make sure not to contact us in the future. Also, you can't try and meet with your granddaughter, since I will directly erase you from our family tree."

Papa Ye, "..."

What the heck is with this plot twist?!

And a granddaughter...with how much Ye Minzhe resembled his mother, it was certain that his daughter would look a lot like his grandmother. Papa Ye felt teary-eyed.

A small and cute girl, with his beloved wife's features, don't know just how adorable would that be?!

Papa Ye quickly changed faces.

"Minzhe, Minzhe ah, look at this brat, still so impulsive. Of course your old man is only joking. How are you and Ye Jia, are you sure that you're cultivating your relationship properly? Your father is supporting you from the back, and will definitely hand out my assets to you. Hehe, this old man will also treasure his granddaughter and treat her like a little princess..."

Thus, with Ye Minzhe's ruthless attack, the dog blood drama ended right then and there.

If Song Jia had known, who knows how much bitter tears she would have shed.

Papa Ye was so rich, he would definitely give her a blank cheque to make sure she stayed away from his son. That was an opportunity that couldn't be found its weight in gold, ah!

Unfortunately, Song Jia was destined to rot in poverty forever.

...

"Ye Jia, can you give me a minute to talk to Ye Minzhe alone?"

Song Jia blinked at Sheng Li. On their way to check the greenhouse, she had blocked their way. The other girl's body language was filled with anxiety and agitation, along with a slight tinge of anticipation. Song Jia immediately understood.

"Of course."

Song Jia pushed Ye Minzhe, who was hanging around her like a vengeful ghost, towards Sheng Li.

"What do you want to say, just say it here," Ye Minzhe said irritably. "I don't keep secrets from Jia."

Song Jia pinched his waist. "Just go."

This brat, can't he read the situation?

"Why do I..."

"I'll wait for you here." Before he could finish speaking, Song Jia cut him off. "I won't go anywhere, so just listen to what she has to say."

Ye Minzhe scratched his head in frustration. While he was following behind Sheng Li, he suddenly turned around, pointed to Song Jia, and silently mouthed, "Stay."

Song Jia waved him off.

While she was waiting, Song Jia once again thought about the problem with the vengeful reincarnator, Long Aotian. It was the second time he had targeted her. Song Jia couldn't remember what she had done to him to make him have a deep grudge like this.

In no time at all, Ye Minzhe returned. When Sheng Li passed by Song Jia, her eyes flashed hostility that couldn't be concealed.

Song Jia turned to Ye Minzhe.

"What did you tell her?"

Ye Minzhe looked deeply at her. "I told her that we weren't siblings, and the one that I liked was you."

Song Jia pursed her lips. It wasn't that she didn't expect this outcome, but some things needed to be said clearly. At least in this way, the one with the unrequited feelings could finally move on.

"Ye Minzhe, you know that I..."

"I don't want to listen." Ye Minzhe covered his ears. "If your words aren't 'I like you too,' then consider me to have temporarily gone deaf."

Song Jia couldn't help but smile at his childish action. She looked at the hands that were covering his ears. The burns from cooking the soup hadn't completely healed yet, contrasting greatly with his white skin.

Although Ye Minzhe's personality was straightforward and aggressive, his looks were similar to that of his mother. From his silky, black curls to his chiseled jaw, to the tall and athletic body that was created to wear tuxedos, he looked as if he should be an elegant and sophisticated man, just like his name, Ye Minzhe.

Song Jia smiled, "But I think I like you this way."

Unlike Long Aotian who seemed gentle and quiet despite his dark mind, she liked the straightforward Ye Minzhe more.

Song Jia had meant her words in a different way, but Ye Minzhe, who couldn't block her voice even with his hands covering his ears, interpreted it in another way.

"Jia...did you start liking me?" His eyes brightened.

Song Jia's eyes widened. She didn't know that she had said her thoughts aloud. "No, that's not..."

Ye Minzhe took advantage of her open mouth to press his lips against hers. They were already in front of the greenhouse, so he simply pushed open the glass door with Song Jia inside his arms.

Momentarily stopping the kiss, he pressed his forehead against hers and smiled. "I know. But I just want to lie to myself for a moment."

He took her hand and pressed it to the place that craved her the most. Song Jia gasped in shock.

"Don't say those kind of words in front of me next time. Jia, do you know how much I want you? Even in my dreams, I can't escape. I have to take a cold shower everyday."

He groaned as the place where her hand was pressed against swelled even more. "Jia, help me."

Her cheeks red, Song Jia quickly removed her hand. This brat, can't he stop thinking about dirty things all day long?!

Then Ye Minzhe leaned over, his lips brushing her ear.

"Jia, do you know what day is it tomorrow? It's my birthday. Did Jia already think of what you would give me?"

Ye Minzhe slowly smiled, and the blazing intention in his eyes wasn't hidden at all.

"Because I've already decided what kind of gift I would like from Jia."