279 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (31)

Boom!

Song Jia could hear explosions rocking the oubliette as the battle outside continued to rage on. She pursed her lips as she poured all of her focus on escaping, sweat trickling down her neck.

If the vengeful reincarnator had the time to check on her, she would surely be surprised by the magical energy that was filling up the room. This magical energy came from Song Jia, as she determinedly spilled out everything into her surroundings.

Shā shā.

Like the sound of leaves blowing in the wind, her power was rapidly leaving her body in a fast rate. Nearly everything that the Great Demon King gave her had already disappeared. And with a speed that was visible to the naked eye, Song Jia's body continued to shrink.

From an adult figure to a pre-teen, then back into a child...

Pēng!

When she finally reached a figure that was even smaller than before, Song Jia gingerly slid out her small ankle from the manacle. Her clothes spilled out into the floor, too loose for her childlike body. Even the hairpin that was holding her hair clattered to the floor, causing her hair to cascade down to her waist.

"Aiyaa~" Song Jia spread out her small hands, glancing at them. "This grandma became a baby again, ah."

She pulled out a small knife from her storage space, and cut away the excess cloth. Because what she wore was a ruqun hanfu, a traditional Chinese clothing, with the right adjustments, it could fit her small body.

Song Jia looked up at the trapdoor that led upwards. Because her own power was too low right now, she needed to wear her anti-gravity boots to be able to jump out of the oubliette.

Song Jia didn't encounter anyone on her way out. She followed the sounds of explosion until finally, the edge of the battlefield came into view.

By the time Song Jia arrived, everything had became quiet.

It was because the battle was now over. A graveyard of corpses greeted her, most of them angels with their wings torn and their limbs cut off. As she continued to walk forward among the dead, Song Jia's eyelashes trembled.

It was a desolate and ruined landscape, a testament of the violence that happened here which she didn't manage to witness.

She could see an army made up of demons and monsters not far away, their numbers immeasurable. Some of them had feasted upon the flesh of the dead, and as blood flowed down and solidified, it made the ground look like a carpet of red.

For the first time, Song Jia truly acknowledged that the place she had transmigrated into was hell.

"This is..." Her mouth dried up, as there were no words to describe it.

Suddenly, Song Jia heard a muffled groan of pain. The almost inaudible sound drew her to the center of the battlefield, where a large radius of the ground was empty, as if even the dead couldn't approach it.

The first thing that Song Jia saw was the dead body of the vengeful reincarnator, her empty eyes gazing up at the sky. She was almost unrecognizable from the angel that visited her a few hours earlier. There were horns protruding from her head, and her wings were black, not white.

Song Jia's gaze slid sideways and settled on the figure that had collapsed halfway on the ground. A sword had pierced his stomach, fresh blood gushing out from the wound. His eyes were filled with pain.

The Great Demon King slowly fell to the ground.

With a 'pop', Song Jia's mind went blank.

Before she realized it, she was already running and shouting his name.