238 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (60)

After Song Jia finished her conversation with Nova, she went to the kitchen. All of the information that had flooded her brain made her hungry.

She saw Xu Jinhai busy with cooking, switching from one pot to another. While slicing the ingredients, because he was distracted, he accidentally cut his finger on the knife.

After he turned around to wash his wound on the sink, he saw Song Jia leaning against the doorway, watching him.

Xu Jinhai blinked, a smile forming on his lips.

"Jia?"

Then he remembered that he was 'angry' at her. He purposely flattened his lips and turned his back on her. Xu Jinhai wasn't actually angry, but he was a little indignant in his heart.

Song Jia hadn't accompanied him for several days.

She had been too busy, and Xu Jinhai had the suspicion that she was meeting with Wen Yu.

His instincts also felt that in the few days when his memories were lost and vague, some pig had stolen his little white cabbage from right under his nose.

He tried to ask Song Jia what he did in that time period, but Song Jia only told him that he didn't behave differently than his usual self. Xu Jinhai knew that the best explanation would probably be selective amnesia, but his instincts told him that it wasn't the case.

Whatever the reason behind it, he had lost several precious days to spend with her!

So while Song Jia was busy discussing information with Nova, Xu Jinhai had been feeding the mosquitos, like an abandoned concubine sent to the cold palace.

Even when he tried tailing her, because of her power, she could immediately sense his existence and shoo him away.

Xu Jinhai decided that enough was enough. As someone who became unfavored (similar to an imperial concubine), lost his powers (similar to having a weak maiden family), he also needed to apply green tea (bitch) tricks to curry favor from Song Jia (the emperor).

Xu Jinhai continued his cooking, trying to ignore her existence.

How long had she been watching there? If he had known, he would have cooked in a way that showed his best profile, coolly throwing the ingredients into the pot with flair.

As it was, he even cut his finger on a knife!

Although his back was turned, his ears were wholly focused behind him, nervous that she would leave because of his sulking attitude.

When Xu Jinhai heard footsteps coming closer towards him, he was happy in his heart. But he still made his expression look cold, as if he couldn't be bothered with her.

"Let me see your wound."

Song Jia went beside him and touched his arm, wanting to treat his injury. Xu Jinhai automatically stopped moving the knife the moment she came close, afraid that he would injure her.

"It's fine, it's just a scratch." He ignored her hand and put down the knife, instead going to the pot to check if it was already boiling.

Song Jia helplessly touched her nose at his cold shoulder. It was the first time Xu Jinhai became angry at her. She also knew that she had neglected him.

Song Jia tried again, "Let me see your injury, Jinhai. It'll be bad if it gets infected."

"I'm a demon, injuries like this will heal in a moment." He paused for a bit, then said coldly, "But injuries in the heart will forever be painful."