254 Reality (10)

After a half-hour of driving, Mu Wan steered the car into a beautiful driveway. Along the path was a huge lawn, being trimmed by A.I. robots.

Not far away, they could see a beautiful mansion, being blocked by a giant fountain. Because it was nearing sunset, they could see the golden lights illuminating the rippling water from below. Gu Chen and Yang Yimo's house was built like a French chateau, with steeply pitched roofs and numerous arches.

"Every time I come here, I always feel like Yimo might have saved a country in her past life," Mu Wan said, with a touch of envy in her tone. "She's so lucky with Gu Chen, a capable man who can spoil her to heavens."

"You'll find your prince, Wanwan," Song Jia said comfortingly.

"Bah! You can actually say those words with a straight face. If I was ten years old, I might still believe. Now that I'm in my mid-twenties, I've realized all men are simply toads. Rather than a prince, I should find an old king toad instead. At least he has his own estate and would croak soon. Even if he cheats on me, I'd close one eye. Who makes him ugly and rich?"

Song Jia laughed.

The two of them exited the car and saw Gu Chen walking towards them. Gu Chen was a masculine and handsome man, with sword-like eyebrows and thin lips. Unfortunately, he had a rough time during puberty, and several acne scars were left on his cheeks. He had never been ashamed of it though, and chose not to erase them.

"Miss Song, Miss Mu." Gu Chen took their luggage from them. "Yimo had been waiting for you. We're both glad that you came."

When he mentioned his wife, his whole face softened. Mu Wan jokingly nudged his arm.

"Gu Chen, tell the truth. You're actually annoyed you invited two lightbulbs into your home, right?"

Gu Chen smiled helplessly. Despite his cold appearance, he was actually like his wife, a bit shy and quiet. When he was still dating Yang Yimo during their college years, he often got bullied by Mu Wan, who had no filter at all.

"That's not true at all. Yimo's mood had been fluctuating a lot these days, and she frequently browsed your old college photos and videos. She really misses the two of you."

"How far along is she?" Song Jia asked.

"She's already past the first trimester, so the dangerous period is over. I've also been having the doctor come and visit her every week."

Mu Wan was a fast walker, inevitably going far ahead of them. Song Jia fell into step beside Gu Chen, wanting to know more about Yang Yimo's situation. Compared to the energetic and honest Mu Wan, Gu Chen was more comfortable talking to Song Jia.

"That's good, you should also take her to exercise for a bit, at least walking around the house in the morning. It's not good for Yimo to be shut inside the house all the time."

"Well, I'll listen to you."

Gu Chen nodded, listening to her advice attentively. Song Jia was younger than him, but she had a dependable aura that made one trust her words without any doubt.

By the time the two of them entered the house, Mu Wan was already chatting happily with Yang Yimo. The latter was clothed in a cream-colored dress, with a sheer cardigan draped on her shoulders. Her black hair was loose, scattered around her shoulders. Despite the bulge in her belly, Yang Yimo looked breathtakingly beautiful.

"Jia!" As soon as Yang Yimo laid her eyes on Song Jia, her lips broke out into a smile.

She rose up and quickly gave her a hug. Song Jia moved her body so that she wouldn't accidentally hurt her pregnant friend.