254 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (6)

Even before the two of them reached the Great Demon King's castle, the powerful auras of various demon lords that had gathered there made Song Jia break into cold sweat.

She stuck close to Yanluo, her small body hidden by his scholarly figure.

Because of a demon's superior hearing, she could hear the whispers of other demons talking about her.

"An attendant of a demon lord is actually a lower-ranked demon?"

"No, look at her, she's just a child. Is she the prodigy that they were talking about? Looking at her power level, it is indeed high for a child demon."

"To be cultivated by a demon lord, how lucky. She must have killed a lot of people in her past life, that's why she was granted with this blessing."

"Pei, just that kind of low-ranking demon is called a prodigy? She's talented now, but could she continue being talented in the future?"

While eavesdropping, unknowingly, Song Jia had already reached the entrance of the castle with Yanluo.

The Great Demon King's castle was large and mostly gloomy. The floors were made of black marble, the walls built of granite, and the pillars were sculpted according to various races of different demons. Their expressions were so realistic that it was a bit creepy.

"Yanluo!"

Not far from the entrance, the demon lord of pride, Songdi, called out to them. He was garbed in another royal attire, with fur lining his cloak.

Like Yanluo, Songdi also brought an attendant to serve him. His attendant was a young girl, with striking white hair and fluffy rabbit ears. The power coming off her wasn't any less than Colonel Bao, the demon who had been squashed flat by Songdi.

The way she gazed at Song Jia was haughty, as if Song Jia was dirt that had been stuck on her shoe.

"Yanluo, have you heard? Of all the demon lords, His Majesty chose to contact me to inform all of you for the annual meeting!"

Songdi did not call over Yanluo to chat. He called him over to brag.

There were only two demon lords that were close to Songdi, and Yanluo was one of them. The demon lord of envy was the other.

Songdi's intent behind befriending them was obvious. One would endlessly envy him, making his ego soar to the heavens, while the other would be greedy for everything he had, which also gave birth to another kind of pride.

There were no such thing as 'friendship' between demons.

It was just an exchange of mutual benefits, and in most cases, being parasites to one another.

"So? Didn't His Majesty just contact you for a short time? Is that something to be excited about?"

Despite his cold words, Song Jia could hear a sour note in Yanluo's tone.

"Haha, Yanluo, look at your black face. You're just lamenting over a lost opportunity to get closer to His Majesty! What are you pretending to be high and mighty for?"

Song Jia finally realized the reason why their tone of voice while talking about the Great Demon King seemed familiar.

It was because they reminded her of the way fans talked about their favorite celebrity.

Song Jia felt speechless. So the two demon lords were basically just fanboys?

But after thinking about it, she soon realized that their fanaticism shouldn't come as a surprise. The demon world respected the strong, and looked down on the weak.

Since the Great Demon King was the strongest demon, his absolute power made the other demons worship him.

Even while they were conversing, Yanluo and Songdi kept walking towards the direction of the conference room. It was a meeting that was set up by the Great Demon King, so not even powerful demon lords dared to be late.

"Aren't you too weak to be an attendant? Also, you're too ugly."

A haughty voice said, close to Song Jia's ear.

Song Jia looked at Songdi's attendant, the one who spoke.

"Lord Yanluo picked me. Do you have a problem with his decision?" She asked.

The rabbit demon glared at her.

"That's not what I meant. Don't twist my words like that."

"But that's exactly what you meant. If I'm too weak to be an attendant, then that meant Lord Yanluo made a poor decision when choosing me. If I'm too ugly in appearance, then that meant Lord Yanluo didn't have a taste in clothes. Did you know that Lord Yanluo personally dressed me like this? I think it's beautiful, but you called it ugly."

Yanluo, who was walking in front of them, suddenly paused. Although he wasn't a demon lord of pride, he also had his own dignity. After all, everyone carried the seven deadly sins, just in different amounts.

He looked at Songdi, "You might have to attend the annual meeting without an attendant this time."

Songdi waved a hand, "Do as you please."

The life of a mere servant girl, it was below his noble dignity to notice.

"No, Lord Yanluo...please wait..."

As a demon belonging to the third court of 『Superbia』, the rabbit demon had never begged for anything in her life. But right now, she was willing to bow down her head.

Pride was pride, but her own life must come first!

Would the demon lord of greed listen? Of course not. Greed did not only apply to riches and power, but also in the act of taking a life.

Yanluo flicked his fingers, and in the space of a blink, the rabbit demon transformed into a pile of gold on the floor. He clicked his tongue.

"So little."

The law of conservation, one of Yanluo's many powers. Matter couldn't be created nor destroyed, but it could be transmuted into something else, provided that they were of equal value.

Despite his scornful words, Yanluo still picked up the gold on the floor. Not even spare change escaped the demon lord of greed.

"..."

Song Jia watched silently as Yanluo and Songdi continued their conversation, as if nothing had happened. To them, the life of weak demons were pebbles on the road, of little to no consequence.

Song Jia felt the urgent need to get more power as quickly as possible. If she continued to be stagnant like this, someday, once she loses her value, Yanluo would also discard her just like what he had done to the rabbit demon.

Song Jia couldn't help but wonder how much gold would come out if she got transmuted...

At last, with many twists and turns, the three of them arrived at the conference room of the Great Demon King's castle.