270 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (22)

The Great Demon King could only teleport at short distances. Because the fifth court was far away from his own castle, they could only ride his pet dragon again.

"If I'm right, she used this opportunity to strike your castle while you're away. There was no certainty that you would leave the castle, so this must be an impulsive decision on her part. Destroy your castle, and it would also weaken your image on the demon's minds.

"If that happens, other demon lords would start getting the courage to challenge you, and even if they can't defeat you, it will still definitely tire you out. Once you're tired, that will be the time that she will strike."

The Great Demon King reached out and smoothened Song Jia's frown away. He didn't want her to waste her emotions on worthless people. Originally, he didn't care if the angel destroyed his castle or not. A building could be built again, just like his reputation.

But now that the angel had made his wife worry like this, it became completely unacceptable to him. He also remembered, the statues and the murals that he had commissioned to demonstrate his 'love' were also there...

If those got destroyed, wouldn't that mean that his 'love' was also weak?

The Great Demon King suddenly murmured, "I wonder what a slow dragon tastes like."

The dragon under him wasn't worried. After all, he was called the fastest dragon in the underworld...

The Great Demon King then continued, "Coincidentally, the dragon we're riding on is so slow."

"..."

The fastest dragon on the land suddenly broke a new speed record.

They arrived at the Great Demon King's castle with half the time they spent going to the fifth court. Even from above the air, Song Jia could already tell that the two of them were too late.

The Great Demon King carried Song Jia down and gently placed her on the ground. "Jia, stay close to me."

His aura expanded, blanketing the whole castle. It wasn't a show of strength, but a sweeping inspection of his territory. At the height of 『Superbia』, one could control everything that he considered to be his own property. It was a limited omniscience that granted him the power to perceive everything in his surroundings.

The Great Demon King frowned. "They're gone."

His eyes also held in a simmering anger. The angels had done everything they could to destroy his castle in such a short period of time. Statues and royal colossi were often built to proclaim the power and grandeur of a monarch, so those were the first thing the angels have destroyed.

In short, the Great Demon King's 'demonstration of love' was smashed into dust.

"Is it easy for angels to come down in the underworld?" Song Jia asked.

"No, we usually stay away from each other. They don't interfere much, because when they do, it causes a great war that lasts for thousands of years. Demons multiply rapidly, but it's not the same thing for them, as they're created, not born."

The Great Demon King knelt down in front of a destroyed statue and carefully picked up a fragment of Song Jia's sculpted face. His hand trembled with rage, but he quickly hid it so that Song Jia wouldn't see.

After hearing his words, Song Jia frowned. What could have happened in her past life for the angel to become so vengeful?

Vengeance in itself was a sin. For holy beings like angels, the mere act of it should repulse and disgust them. So why is it that those angels were supporting the vengeful reincarnator in her pursuit of it?

Song Jia felt that there was something about it that didn't make sense.

No...from the start, everything already didn't make sense. A world of angels and demons...she was already doing her best by trying to adapt into this world and follow its rules and laws.

Song Jia watched as the Great Demon King started picking up the fragments of the destroyed sculpture.

"Jinhai, what are you doing?"

"Jia, you shouldn't be left on the ground like this."

His voice was hoarse and low, with quiet distress.

Song Jia, "..."

Wasn't it just pieces of clay? The real her was completely fine!

But when Song Jia looked at him again, she realized that his body language was serious. He was genuinely agitated that her sculpture had been destroyed.

She walked towards him and touched his arm. "Jinhai, leave it. Isn't it just pieces of clay?"

The Great Demon King looked at the fragments in his hand. Maybe for her, these were just pieces of clay. But when he built it, standing next close to the sculptor as their two figures began to materialize from both clay and ivory, there was a happiness in his heart knowing that there was going to be a monument about the two of them.

It was as if the desire of his heart had suddenly taken a tangible form. In that statue, he was hugging her forever. In another statue, the two of them were holding hands, unable to separate forever.

Unspoken wishes and desires of his heart, a silent demonstration of how much he loved her.

But as if a tragic ending was inevitable, all of his efforts became fragments and dust in the ground, smashed into nothing.

Forever holding hands with her? Forever hugging her? None of it would ever come true.

It was as if fate were saying cruel those words to him, mocking him.

The Great Demon King's fingers dug deep into the ground, his fists clenched so tightly that the veins stood out on his skin. His mouth twisted strangely.

It was because his heart was attacked by intense pain again.

But this time, he endured it silently, not wanting Song Jia to know. If fate didn't let them stay together, then he would challenge fate itself. It didn't matter if he struggled pathetically or go down trying.

He would cling greedily to her as long as he could still stand, as long as his fingers could still move. And even if he couldn't, he would force himself to do it. For Jia, he would fight with everything he had and then some.

The Great Demon King's eyes became dyed with red.

Since it was a war they wanted, he would give them a war.

...

Later, trying to keep a record of just how much of Great Demon King's property was destroyed, Song Jia went into the library and found Nova nursing an ice pack over his bruised forehead. She was stunned.

"Boss, are you alright?"

"I'm fine. More importantly, I have good news. Tell His Majesty that all the statues may have been destroyed..."

Nova pointed towards the ceiling above them.

"But I protected this frescoed painting with my life. It was a tough battle, but I managed to survive."

Song Jia, "..."

Can't you protect something else?!