259 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (11)

"A marriage is something that naturally happens between two people who have been with each other for a very long time. They understand each other, support each other, and share the same ideas for the future."

Song Jia looked at the Great Demon King and said the following words seriously.

"Do you think the two of us fit into any of those categories?"

The Demon King lowered his head. He gazed at Song Jia's 'I'm sincerely trying to educate others' expression and felt a bit funny. In fact, there was no one in the entire underworld that would dare speak to him like this. He was the Great Demon King, the terrifying existence that was above millions of demons.

He was the cruel demon who eradicated three demon lords and their three courts; the one who made the other seven lords submit to him and make him their monarch. Just by looking at the seven deadly sins that each demon lord had mastered, one could easily see how inherently difficult this was.

He made himself so strong and powerful that the people with the potential to kill him had been reduced to a very, very limited few. Going against him, was the same as going against a god. In the same vein, the people who weren't scared of him...really could only be counted by one hand.

The Great Demon King looked at Song Jia who was still earnestly teaching him.

He then nodded his head, "I understand."

Song Jia breathed a sigh of relief.

"It's good that you understand. Rushing through marriage..."

"So, Jia. Let's get married tomorrow."

"..."

The Great Demon King leaned forward and cupped her cheeks. He looked at her with an intense and serious expression.

"Jia, I suddenly understood. The reason why I kept waiting all these years, why my soul could never be content and kept hungrily searching for something to fulfill it. When I saw you today...that kind of happiness, that kind of relief...there were no words that could describe it."

It was the feeling of being empty and yearning for something you didn't know, then suddenly realizing that you've finally found it. You finally got back the treasure you didn't even know you lost in the first place.

"That's why, Jia, I understand. I need to marry you as soon as possible, and tie you down with me. In that way, I'll never lose you again."

He buried his face in her neck, and kissed the spot where her neck met her shoulder. He craved to inhale her scent, which had the fragrance of flowers. Every time he breathed in her scent, it reassured him that she was already beside him.

However, the Great Demon King was still afraid. She was inside his arms right now, but he had the uneasy feeling that she could disappear at any time. This kind of terrible fear slowly eroded his heart, and he could not help but tighten his grip, as if to crush her skeleton and engrave her flesh into his own body.

He was desperate for any kind of commitment that could make her stay with him.

The Great Demon King suddenly resolved himself.

"I already decided. Jia, we'll get married tomorrow."

He knew she needed time to accept him, but he couldn't wait anymore. He had always been cold and indifferent to battles, fights for power, political affairs, and women. But right now, he couldn't control his emotions from overflowing.

Obviously, they've only just met. There was no explanation as to why he was feeling this way. But it was as if it had been deeply carved into his heart by a blunt knife, the feeling of how painful it would be to lose her. Right now, he couldn't gamble, and didn't dare to gamble.