286 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (38)

After experiencing Yinyin's memory, Song Jia finally realized that Xu Jinhai's reputation as ruthless and cruel wasn't unfounded. She could somewhat understand why everyone seemed to be afraid of him.

With Xu Jinhai's power inside her, Song Jia easily defeated Chuljang. By this time, it was already late in the morning. She asked a nearby demon servant where Xu Jinhai was, and to her surprise, the demon servant directed her to the kitchen.

Song Jia had already been the 'Great Demon Queen' for more than a week. In that week, Xu Jinhai did nothing but cultivate. Song Jia felt guilty, but her deal with Nova hadn't been completed yet.

There was still one more thing she needed to do.

The new castle that Xu Jinhai wanted to build wasn't finished yet. Therefore, the two of them were still staying inside the old castle. The demon servant led Song Jia to a personalized kitchen that was only used to cook the Great Demon King's meals. This kitchen also included a small dining room.

When Song Jia opened the door, she was greeted by Xu Jinhai wearing an apron. He had crazily cultivated last week and his small body had already grown to that of a teenager's.

"Jia, you're back." Xu Jinhai smiled happily, gesturing with the wooden ladle he was holding in his right hand. "I've just finished cooking, come in and eat."

"..." Song Jia didn't answer for a moment, and looked silently at the dishes neatly arranged on the table. "Jinhai, you...cooked?"

"Don't worry, even though it's my first time to cook, they aren't that bad."

Xu Jinhai grabbed Song Jia's hand and led her to the table. He pulled out a chair for her, and gently pressed her shoulders so that she could sit down.

"I still haven't finished cooking one of the dishes, you can eat this first if you're hungry."

He put a porcelain bowl in front of her, opened the lid, and the fragrance of the hot and sour soup wafted into her nose.

Song Jia dazedly looked at the spoon he had put inside her hand. Her gaze drifted towards the kitchen, where she could easily see his busy figure. From the scattered ingredients on the counter, Song Jia could guess that he had been cooking for a while. His apron were already stained with a variety of different spices and types of sauce.

Xu Jinhai thought of Song Jia eating the dishes he had cooked and his lips couldn't help but curve upwards into a smile.

"Already covered with sweat, but you're still smiling?"

Xu Jinhai quickly looked up. Because he had been too focused in cooking, he didn't realize that Song Jia had already gotten up and was standing less than a meter away from him.

His expression became anxious. "Jia, you didn't like the soup?"

Song Jia shook her head. "I still haven't tasted it."

She grabbed a clean towel and walked over to wipe his forehead.

"Why did you cook so much? I wouldn't be able to finish all of it. Look at your forehead, it's already covered with sweat."

Xu Jinhai bent his back and lowered his head so that she didn't have to stretch on her toes. He kept still and obediently allowed Song Jia wipe his face for him. He looked at her clear eyes that were concerned for him and the thick eyelashes that fluttered as she blinked. He couldn't help the redness that stained his cheeks.

He said honestly, "Jia is very beautiful."

It wasn't the kind of beauty that was physical, but something that belonged to her alone. Every little gesture she made hammered his heart, making him feel breathless and aching.