213 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (27)

Song Jia slowly shook her head.

"That would be a possibility if we're near the port, but we're in deep ocean now. Even if there was a tsunami, we would barely feel it."

At deep sea, a tsunami would just seem like a normal wave which would have no effect on the ship itself. It was only when the tsunami reaches the shallow waters near the coast that it would create a destructive impact. The wave piles up and gains in height, and since the water being squeezed together from both sides cannot go down in shallow waters, the water would go in the only direction it could go—up.

"Let's just go to the top deck as fast as we can," Long Aotian said. "The sooner we're rescued, the faster we'll be able to get out of this ship."

All of them nodded.

Song Jia pursed her lips. She didn't know why, but something didn't feel right about the situation.

However, she couldn't point her finger on it.

They went up to Deck 15. Because there were now only two decks left before they would reach the top of the ship, they couldn't help but become impatient.

Ye Minzhe didn't let Song Jia fight against the zombies. When she tried to protest, an extremely serious expression rarely seen appeared on his face.

"I can't concentrate fighting against them while being worried about you," he told her.

Song Jia looked at him, a bit moved in her heart. "You're worried about me?"

"Of course. If you get bitten by a zombie, wouldn't you look ugly? That would be a disgrace to the handsome gene of the Ye family!"

Song Jia, "..."

Forget it, she didn't want to bother with this despicable scum.

Ye Minzhe rubbed his nose. Actually, he didn't know why he said those words either. His heart slightly sank, feeling afraid that she would ignore him again.

He mumbled under his breath, "Sorry, I didn't mean it."

Then he hastily left, nearly tripping over his own feet.

Ding Xiuixiu was not far away from them, so she heard their entire conversation.

Actually, Ding Xiuxiu knew how good Ye Minzhe was to Ye Jia. Having grown up with him since childhood while keeping an unrequited love for him inside her heart, Ding Xiuxiu was clear in her heart what kind of person Ye Minzhe was.

Deep inside his bones, he was proud. This pride came from having been spoiled rotten since he was child, with every one giving way to each of his whims. If he says to go west, nobody would dare to go east. If he says to go north, then no one would dare to go south. If he digs a pit, then everybody will have to fill the soil.

It was just the kind of life he lived.

When they were still young and attending middle school, Ding Xiuxiu remembered that Ye Minzhe invited the five of them after class to watch ER Doctors. There was an episode where a comatose patient was brought in and everyone had already given up on her. But the protagonist with his excellent medical skills managed to wake her up, and when Ye Minzhe saw that, he immediately stood up.

"Laozi [1] is willing to call that man my master!"

Without telling anyone, he took off with his father's unlimited black card to hunt down the 'talented doctor.' By the time he was found in Beijing, his father had exploded several times in worry and anger. Despite Papa Ye scolding him and spattering him with his saliva from head to toe, Ye Minzhe still didn't bow his head and regret his actions.

In his heart, no matter if it was his fault or not, what did it have anything to do with him? In the end, Papa Ye only had this one son, and he couldn't bear to continue punishing him.

So seeing Ye Minzhe being so obedient to Ye Jia dealt a big blow to Ding Xiuxiu. It turned out that towards a person he greatly cares about, Ye Minzhe, the proud arrogant young master who could have everything he wanted handed down to him in a diamond-encrusted platter, could actually bow his head several times.

If there was only one thing that Ding Xiuixiu was happy about, it was the fact that Ye Jia was Ye Minzhe's biological half-sister. She wasn't her love rival. And Ding Xiuixiu had taken great care to show kindness to Ye Jia, which made Ye Jia develop good feelings for her.

So even if Ye Minzhe's relationship with Ye Jia was so good that it made her envy, Ding Xiuixu knew that it was actually beneficial to her.

At the very least, it gave her an advantage over the other women surrounding him.

...

"Watch out!"

Song Jia's shout alerted Ouyang Che to the fallen zombie trying to bite his leg. In response, he kicked it away and gave her a thumbs up.

"Thanks!"

Song Jia wasn't allowed to fight, so she tried to help by shouting out helpful advice. Of course, if any of them were in real danger of being bitten, she wouldn't remain as a bystander and not help them.

"Ahh!"

Ding Xiuixiu screamed. Song Jia tensed, thinking that something might have happened to her. But Song Jia saw that she screamed only because a rat passed by her while she was running away from the zombies.

The corners of Song Jia's lips curled up. She didn't know that this spoiled miss also had a cute side to her.

Suddenly, Song Jia froze. A rat? Why would there be rat in such a luxurious cruise ship?

"Ye Minzhe, hurry up!" she shouted.

Song Jia picked up her quarterstaff and helped them, easily taking care of the zombies that were nearest to her.

Ye Minzhe kicked away a zombie that was trying its hardest to bite him. His face had turned black in anger again.

"Jia! Didn't I tell you not to fight?!"

Seeing that another zombie was about to pounce on her, his heart panicked and he ran towards her, throwing his axe so that it lodged on the back of the zombie's head.

"There's no time, help me and hurry up in finishing them!"

Ye Minzhe saw that Song Jia's face, which had been calm throughout their journey, was now filled with panic. His voice softened, even as he still viciously hacked zombies left and right.

"Jia, what's wrong?"

Song Jia saw that the last zombie had been killed, and Ye Minzhe supported her as she tried to catch her breath. She looked up at him with wide eyes, her face pale.

"I think...the ship is sinking!"

[1] arrogant term to describe one's self