253 Reality (9)

The next day, Song Jia went out to meet her friend.

When Xu Jinhai heard that Song Jia was going to a different planet, it was just all kinds of tantrum, pleading to the heavens, wishing he could come with her. Of course, since Song Jia planned to bond and reminisce with her old friends, outsiders didn't have any place to butt in.

Even if she was currently dating Xu Jinhai...no, even if he was her husband, Song Jia wouldn't agree. Friends need their own time together, and she wasn't the type to abandon friends for new lovers.

"Jinhai..."

Song Jia looked at the man who had somehow crammed himself into her suitcase and was using meng to get his way.

"Jia, what if they bullied you?"

Thinking up to this, Xu Jinhai became even more worried. If he wasn't hugging his knees and his head wasn't sticking out of the suitcase like a flipped turtle, it would have been more convincing.

"You have so many things, if you bring me, I can definitely carry it all."

"Jia, I read that the weather in Planet Yueji right now is very hot, I can carry the umbrella for you."

"What if you have allergies to the food there?"

Song Jia finally lost her patience and kicked him out.

"I was originally born in Planet Yueji, so why would I develop allergies to the food there?!"

But Xu Jinhai still dug his fingers into her door frame, unwilling to go out. Since he can't go with her, he couldn't help but nag, practically overthinking everything.

"Travel sickness and jet lag are very normal. If you can't sleep, you need to call me, I can sing you a lullaby. Also, Yueji's government hates APHI, so if you're short of money, just contact the local ambassador and I'll take care of it. If your baggage gets lost, just buy new stuff, I'll sue the space crew for you. Did you bring some sunscreen? Bring also stomach medicine in case you get diarrhea..."

Even when she finally closed the door in his face, text messages still bombarded her phone.

"Jia, local men are better than foreigners! It's said in the galactic women's online forum that Yueji men last short in bed..."

No, the real question here is, what's a man like you doing in a women's forum?

After hundreds of twists and turns, Song Jia finally got her wish of travelling alone to Planet Yueji. She felt that she still needed to have a talk with Xu Jinhai more about not limiting the freedom of one's partner.

In case she decided to have a galactic trip in the future, would she have to lose a limb in order to get him to agree?

To have a smooth life later, she had to make sure he knew that she wasn't a soft persimmon!

Even Song Jia didn't know that subconsciously, she had regarded Xu Jinhai as a constant in her life. Even when thinking of the future, Xu Jinhai's figure was already there.

"Space flight passengers, we have arrived at our intended destination. Please prepare immediately for disembarkation."

Song Jia held her luggage as she arrived at the first-rate planet, Xiannu.

Although the four planetary systems were called planets, 'Planet Yueji' was actually a domain of several planets. For example, the planet that Song Jia visited now wasn't even the capital planet, simply one of the larger city planets under Yueji.

Unlike Yujinxiang, where people could no longer walk in the ground because of various electric coils and cables, planets under Yueji were mostly old-fashioned. Since Yueji's religion forbid A.I.-based systems like APHI, they mostly stuck to the old ways of doing things. This kind of environment also influenced Song Jia's childhood, which was why she was very fond of 'vintage' artifacts.

People who liked history and old people that wanted to reminisce about old times also travelled to Yueji all the time, which made the tourism business rapidly expand.

"Jia!"

A few feet away, a young woman about Song Jia's age waved at her. Beside her was a space car, but it was a space car that didn't hover much in the air. It even had wheels, so as long as one didn't look too closely, they wouldn't find that it was levitating an inch off the ground.

"Wanwan!"

Song Jia smiled and waved back, walking towards her.

The two exchanged hugs and looked over at one another, satisfied that the other looked happy and well.

"How's Yang Yimo? Is her pregnancy progressing well?"

As soon as they put away her luggage and got into the car, Song Jia immediately asked with concern. Pregnancy was a happy thing, but it was also rife with hidden dangers.

"What dangers could there be?" Mu Wan patted her hand and laughed. "Gu Chen is so attentive to her that he wishes to stick with Yimo everyday. In fact, he was the one who suggested for us to meet up. He was worried that her pregnancy would affect her emotions too much."

"Well, it's not in vain that we filtered all the scum men for her." Song Jia nodded approvingly.

Out of their group of three best friends, Yang Yimo was the most beautiful one. She had so many suitors that the men could line up chest to back and still fill a whole street. Naturally, with many suitors also came the problem of the high frequency of scum men. Yang Yimo was sweet and quiet, not wanting any conflicts.

Song Jia and Mu Wan knew that since young, Yang Yimo had already learned that while having beauty was definitely a good thing, it also came as a heavy burden, with a lot of expectations placed on her shoulders. She was expected to be elegant, sweet, and kind. Even with people constantly praising her, if she ever became narcissistic because of it, it would still be her fault.

If she put on make-up and dress herself in attention-grabbing clothes, she would be called as vain. Despite clearly rejecting multiple men, because they couldn't stay away, she was labelled as a slut. If she wasn't friendly and talkative enough, she would be snobbish. Due to various this and that, Yang Yimo's nature became timid, forever trying to please the unappeasable crowd.

Among her suitors, it was only Gu Chen who disregarded the bad rumors and constantly believed in her character. Song Jia and Mu Wan truly had no worries about this pair of husband and wife. They were so sweet that throughout college, they were already well-versed in the talent of dog food mukbang [1].

[1] Chinese version of mukbang is called chibo, but since even Chinese people commonly use mukbang for binge-eating challenges, I just used the term for easy understanding.