269 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (21)

The demon that escorted them to Yanluo's bedroom was someone that was very familiar to Song Jia.

It was Bao Qingtian, the lieutenant general of Yanluo's best corps. He was the one who nearly choked her to death and made her murder a rabbit demon in order to 'train' her. Song Jia narrowed her eyes.

"Your Majesty, the way to Lord Yanluo's bedroom is just over here."

Bao Qingtian led the way, not once looking at Song Jia's direction. He continued telling them the gist of the angel's escape, his voice calm but brisk.

"The bedroom was empty at the time of the angel's escape, as Lord Yanluo had matters to attend to. I was with him as his guard. By the time we went back, the angel had already escaped. We sent the news to you as soon as we possibly could, Your Majesty."

"I gave her to Yanluo with a special shackle on her ankle. Did he remove it?"

"No, Your Majesty. Lord Yanluo had been very careful in dealing with the angel, without the slightest negligence."

Bao Qingtian opened Yanluo's bedroom door for them, and the Great Demon King entered first. Song Jia glanced at Bao Qingtian, and their eyes met. His gaze was cold and filled with malice.

Song Jia realized that his terrifying aura didn't affect her much. Because of the power the Great Demon King had given her, she had a considerable resistance against them.

"Huh?" Song Jia blinked.

The Great Demon King, who was supposed to have already entered the room, suddenly appeared behind Bao Qingtian. He smiled at her and placed his hand over Bao Qingtian's shoulder, spooking him.

"Jia, why don't you go first? I still have something to discuss with the lieutenant general."

Song Jia paused. "Alright, don't take too long."

After spending time with the Great Demon King, Song Jia was beginning to understand a bit of his personality. She knew that their discussion was probably one that was going to end in a bloodbath.

She wasn't a saint. If Chen Hui hadn't arrived that day and interrupted Bao Qingtian, the original host would have already been dead.

When Song Jia entered Yanluo's bedroom, it was a far cry from the luxurious room she had seen before. Everything was a mess.

The original bed was broken into two, and several of Yanluo's priceless treasures lay scattered on the floor. She had heard that the demon lord himself was trying to track down the angel, which was why it was Bao Qingtian that escorted them.

"It wasn't an easy escape, judging by the state of this room."

The Great Demon King reappeared in front of Song Jia, kneeling down to examine a broken gold ingot. He looked at her with a frown, "Jia, stay there. There might be other broken fragments around the floor."

"I'm wearing sandals." Song Jia also crouched down to study the glass fragments on the floor. Suddenly, she frowned. "Jinhai, look at this."

The Great Demon King instantly appeared beside her, his eyes shining. "Jia, what did you just call me?"

Song Jia ignored him. She picked up what looked like a bigger piece of glass than the rest. "This isn't glass."

The Great Demon King snatched it from her. "Jia, be careful of your fingers!"

Song Jia, "..."

What was she, a five-year old kid?

She continued, "That isn't glass. Yanluo's windows are made of tempered glass, and in the process of making it, it leaves the center of the glass relatively hot compared with its edges, forcing it to compress. When tempered glass breaks, it doesn't shatter into pieces with sharp edges but dices [1]. Looking at this one, its edges are so sharp that it could even draw blood."

"So it's a different kind of glass. Jia, does it really matter what type of glass this is?"

"I already said this isn't glass. Try scratching it on one of the glass fragments here."

The Great Demon King obeyed. "Jia, this glass I'm holding scratched them."

"Jinhai, try saying that it's glass one more time and you'll become a stranger to me."

The Great Demon King, "..."

His wife had such a vicious heart.

"It's an example of Mohs scale. If two minerals can both scratch each other, that means they have the same hardness. But if one can only scratch the other, that one will be higher on the scale. All glasses falls into the same range, between 5 and 6."

Song Jia looked around and didn't find what she was looking for. "Jinhai, do you have a diamond? It's the hardest mineral, so it'll be able to scratch everything below it."

"I have it. It was a failed product of what was supposed to be our wedding ring."

With a sad expression, he handed it over.

Song Jia silently accepted it. Did he have to mention their wedding all the time? She was starting to feel guilty about it.

Song Jia tried scratching the diamond on the unknown 'mineral', and unexpectedly, it didn't scratch it.

"It's harder even than diamond?" Surprised, she took a closer look at it. "Jinhai, do you know of any minerals that are harder than diamond here in the underworld?"

He shook his head. "Not that I know of. We have to ask Taishan for confirmation."

"If it didn't come from the demon world..." Judging from when she last saw her, Song Jia didn't think the angel had anything on her aside from her clothes.

Song Jia's eyes widened and she hurriedly walked over towards a fractured window pane. She traced the cracks and frowned. "These radial cracks...these windows hadn't been broken from inside, but outside. Did other angels rescue her?"

That could only mean...they were trying to lure the tiger out of its mountain lair. [2]

Song Jia urgently grabbed the Great Demon King's arm.

"Jinhai, we have to go back to the castle!"

[1] small pieces of glass without sharp edges
[2] Art of War, 15th stratagem.