246 Reality (2)

Song Jia allowed Xu Jinhai to accompany her to go shopping. She felt that even if she didn't agree, he was going to turn invisible and follow her like ghost.

Song Jia sneaked a glance at him. She didn't want to admit it, but she had been nervous about meeting him in the real world. Thankfully, they didn't become awkward with each other.

Xu Jinhai held her hand as they walked. He swung it back and forth, occasionally holding it with both hands to play with her fingers.

"Jia, I reserved a restaurant for us, let's eat dinner together later."

Song Jia hadn't responded yet, but Xu Jinhai had already launched into a list of her favorite foods that he ordered. Every time he said a dish, he used her fingers to tick it off.

Song Jia was amused. "Can we finish all of them?"

"Well, I know Jia likes the food that I cook the best. So if Jia doesn't finish them, I completely understand."

"Your face is getting thicker with each lifetime..."

The two of them were busy with each other when a sweet voice called out and broke the atmosphere, "Jia!"

Song Jia looked at the two people approaching them and frowned. These two were her classmates from the university, Li Qing and Qiu Zhan. The three of them have passed each other a few times on the street before, but because they weren't close, aside from the usual nod and smile, they didn't have any intersection.

"Jia, it's been a long time since we last saw you. How are you?"

Song Jia noticed that Li Qing's eyes constantly drifted to Xu Jinhai. She couldn't help but pinch his waist. This male god, can he attract less peach blossoms? It seemed that every time he entered a scene, there would always be senseless drama like she was participating in a sand sculpture[1] romance plot.

It was like this during her transmigration missions, and it was still the same now.

"I'm alright." Song Jia did a brief introduction of them to Xu Jinhai. "This is Li Qing and Qiu Zhan, they're my former university classmates."

Xu Jinhai's expression darkened, but he still nodded at them. "Nice to meet you. My name is Xu Jinhai."

Qiu Zhan was also a person who didn't speak much to other people. He stayed silent and allowed Li Qing to lead the conversation.

"Jia, is Xu Jinhai your boyfriend?" Li Qing gave Song Jia a meaningful gaze, winking at their intertwined hands. "It's been a long time since we last hung out, we should try to get together again and you can introduce him to us."

Song Jia paused, then shook her head. She was too lazy to explain their complicated relationship. In any case, it was true that the two of them weren't dating.

"We aren't dating yet, but I'm courting her with the intention of marriage."

Xu Jinhai suddenly smiled as he spoke. He brought Song Jia's hand to his lips and kissed her palm. It was a quick gesture, without any signs of being artificial.

"Courting for marriage?!"

Li Qing and Qiu Zhan were both stunned after hearing his words. With the arrival of modern technology, various traditions have already been removed and branded as outdated. With the increasing popularity of online and virtual dating, as soon as two people liked each other at first meeting or their qualifications were suitable, they would quickly hook up.

No one even counted things such as ex-boyfriends anymore, because there were relationships where it would only last for a week or two. Because of the increasing number of ways people could connect, more and more people were finding it hard to stay with a single person. After all, there would always be a better candidate as long as you log in, with better profiles and excellent backgrounds, so why hang yourself on a single branch?