238 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (52)

It was Song Jia's routine to always wake up at midnight to drink a glass of water.

However, because she was exhausted, when she opened her eyes and looked at the clock, she saw that it was already quarter to two in the morning.

Ye Minzhe's arms were tightly wrapped around her. He was wearing his boxers while she was only in her underwear, their bodies tightly covered by a thick blanket. They were in a spooning position, his leg thrown over hers, his erection pressing against her back.

Song Jia's body stiffened.

Truth to be told, Ye Minzhe had never stopped wanting her, but held back because he saw that Song Jia was about to pass out. She just recently recovered from a cold, so he didn't want to tire her out.

Bang!

The glass of water that Song Jia was holding nearly slipped out of her hands when she heard something crash against the bedroom door.

She could hear party music through the closed door, but there were no longer any sound of voices. Song Jia's instincts told her that something was wrong.

Bang! Bang!

The door bulged inward as something heavy was slammed against it on the other side. The force that was used was so great that the door rattled off its hinges.

"Minzhe. Ye Minzhe, get up."

Song Jia quickly shook Ye Minzhe's shoulder, trying to wake him up. Still sound asleep, Ye Minzhe mumbled her name and hugged her waist even tighter with a stupid grin on his face.

Song Jia slapped his cheek. "Ye Minzhe, wake up!"

He stirred, opened his eyes, eyelids still sluggish with sleep. "Jia?"

At that precise moment, the force that was trying to open the door disappeared and everything became quiet.

Ye Minzhe's head was aching from an imminent hangover, and all he wanted to do was to lie in bed with her. Ye Minzhe pressed his face against her back and inhaled her scent. His headache lessened a little.

Song Jia nervously glanced at the door, and shook him again.

"Ye Minzhe, wake up."

"Jia...."

Because Ye Minzhe was still drowsy, his voice sounded husky and sexy. His black curls were tousled, and as he flung back the covers, the sheet tangled around his waist. He squinted at the light coming from the desk lamp Song Jia had turned on. Almost a reflexive action, he pulled Song Jia close to him and kissed her hair.

"Jia, what's wrong? Are you hungry? I'll tell the chef...no, I'll cook you something."

Song Jia covered his mouth. "Ye Minzhe, something was trying to get into the room earlier. I can't hear the voices of the crowd either. I think something went wrong outside."

All the sleepiness quickly left Ye Minzhe. Someone tried to enter their room?

Jia was only wearing her underwear! What if somebody saw her naked body?

He hugged Song Jia tighter and regardless of his own frown, he didn't forget to reassure her, "Maybe the party's over. It's probably some of the drunks left that's making all that noise."

"Then why didn't they turn off the music? I have a bad feeling about this."

Ye Minzhe nodded. He trusted Song Jia's gut feeling. He wrapped the blanket around her, almost making her look like a sushi roll, before picking up his discarded clothes and putting it on.