265 Reality (21)

After Xu Jinhai left, Song Jia stared blankly at the place where he vanished.

He disappeared just as quickly as he had appeared, leaving her a bit taken aback. Fortunately, he had taken the mutilated corpse with him before she gathered her senses, saving her from a traumatic memory.

Nova saluted her. "That's my cue. See you around, 886." 

Like there was a pack of rabid dogs chasing him, Nova quickly bolted. 

He had swung himself over the hovercycle and blasted Song Jia with its fumes before she had time to stop him. Don't joke with him, that kind of sadistic way of killing could only belong to Xiang Feng, the biggest vinegar jar out of all of the male god's alters. In order to live a little longer, one could only pass this hot potato to his employee.

Nova silently lit an incense stick for Song Jia in his heart.

Because of the fight with the assassins, the entire kitchen and living room became a mess. Not having anything to do besides waiting for Xu Jinhai to return, Song Jia began to clean up, using the familiar and routine movements to calm herself down. She was a professional transmigrator who was used to seeing violent things like this in her past missions, but seeing it unfold in reality still shook her a little bit. 

Just as she was organizing her thoughts while wiping away the splattered blood, Song Jia heard a sound that chilled her to the bone. 

There was a creaking sound of a door opening and closing on the second floor. 

Another assassin?

Song Jia quickly grabbed a knife and hid herself, crouching down to avoid being seen. At this moment, offense was the best defense. Moving slowly and quietly, she went up the stairs and backed herself against the wall. Turning her head to look into the room where the sound came from, she saw a blood-splattered figure with his back facing her. 

Her heart dropped back down to its normal place inside her chest. 

"Jinhai?"

Xu Jinhai quickly turned around. 

Because of Xiang Feng's bloodlust earlier, every inch of the shirt that he had been wearing was covered in blood. He didn't want to scare Song Jia by appearing like this, so he teleported to his bedroom first. Seeing her, he took a few steps back to prevent her from smelling it.

"Jia, wait for a while, I'll change quickly."

He slightly bent down and grasped the hem of his shirt with both hands, pulling it up over his head in a crisp motion. Song Jia tried not to stare at the way his muscles flexed and tightened with every movement. 

Although Song Jia knew that there weren't any excess flesh in Xu Jinhai's body because of the way his clothes stretched on him, she was still surprised at the way his abdomen almost seemed as if they were chiseled from stone. Not bulging, but perfectly defined. It was almost illegal how his broad shoulders tapered to a thin waist with hard abdominal muscles rippling all the way down...

Song Jia looked away to prevent a nosebleed. His body was a perfectly well-oiled engine, which was why he was so physically dangerous. 

This kind of man, he was not only harmful to his enemies, he was also harmful to his girlfriend, ah~

Girlfriend...

Pa!

"Jia!" 

Song Jia's hand was caught by a startled Xu Jinhai. He had teleported too late, unable to stop her. 

The blood had drained from his face, and his other hand quickly cupped her chin, turning her head from side to side. 

"Jia, why did you slap yourself? Does it hurt?"

He was a bit angry. How could she hurt herself like this? If her hands were itching to slap someone, wasn't there him?

Song Jia's cheeks were red. It wasn't from the slap, but she would obviously not tell Xu Jinhai about that. She didn't dare to lower her eyes, and also didn't dare to meet his anxious gaze, so she looked at the adjacent wall instead. 

"Quickly go and change, I can smell the blood from you."

Stop prancing shirtless around this grandma, you hoodlum!

"Is that important right now?" Xu Jinhai hugged her and teleported the two of them into the kitchen. 

He grabbed a towel and filled it with ice cubes from the fridge. He carefully carried Song Jia onto the sofa, laying her head on his lap and making sure that she was lying down comfortably.

Pressing the cold towel on her cheek, he asked her anxiously, "Jia, is it too cold? Does it still hurt?"

Three black lines momentarily appeared on Song Jia's forehead. She wanted to say, Wuwu, great ancestor, this grandma would be even happier if you weren't sticking your naked body next to my face. Isn't this just tempting a person to commit sin?

Song Jia closed her eyes and accepted her fate. With the way he was looking at her right now, she knew that he wasn't going to leave anytime soon. However, staying like this...en, this can't be done either.

When one is driven into a corner, naturally, one's hidden abilities would suddenly be forced to come out.

"Jinhai, I'll be fine. You go and take a shower." 

Song Jia opened her eyes and pursed her lips, making a coquettish pout. She turned her head and hugged his stomach, inwardly confirming, yes, it was as hard as it looked. Alright, she was also a healthy woman. Even though she was embarrassed to admit it, it was true that she was his girlfriend. Coveting his body like this, it couldn't be more normal, no?

"Make sure to clean off the smell of blood, I want to hug you afterwards~"

The words were soft, but the effect was fatal.

The way her lips moved, every word that was uttered, it hit Xu Jinhai like a heavy punch in the chest. For a moment, his heartbeat even stopped. If there was another person that could use telepathy and read his thoughts, they would be blasted by the loud sound of celebratory trumpets, the cheering of the crowd, and doves flying out of their ivory towers.

"Ah..."

Xu Jinhai tilted his head back and covered his face with both hands.

Ah ah ah, she was so cute that his whole body was trembling from restraint. It wasn't known whether remnants of Xiang Feng were still there, because Xu Jinhai felt that he now understood why that alter personality had the urge to devour Song Jia. It was a carnal lust that only made the insatiable hunger for her grow until it nearly consumed him.

He shook his head. He knew that his expression at this time wasn't something that could be shown to her. His pupils were dilated with desire and lust, turning blue eyes nearly black.

He didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "Jia..." 

Xu Jinhai wanted to wrap his arms around her, kiss her so thoroughly there would be no breath left in her body, grab her thighs so that she could wrap them around his waist, and then...press their bodies so tightly together that there would be no room for air. 

Technically, that could still be called a hug, right?

Xu Jinhai gently lifted her head off his lap and crouched down as he filled up the gap with a pillow. Looking at her cheek, it seemed that her slap wasn't too heavy. The redness had already disappeared and there wasn't any swelling.

"Jia, I'll be back. Properly tend to your wound, okay?" He lovingly brushed away the strands of hair from her face and caressed her cheeks. "I'll definitely hug you when I come back."

His voice was a little strained. 

Song Jia swallowed. That gigantic bulge in his pants...

Is it alright if she took her words back? 

This grandma definitely doesn't want your hug anymore!