235 This Psychopathic Demon Is Psychic (57)

Zhao Cheng kissed her forehead after his body calmed down, branding his lips for a moment on her skin. Then he lifted Song Jia off his lap.

He made sure Song Jia was sitting comfortably before he reached out and lifted her skirt.

Song Jia blushed. "What are you doing?!"

She tried to cover herself, but Zhao Cheng stopped her hands with an amused chuckle.

"I need to clean you up, Jia'er."

Xu Jinhai's consciousness would return soon, and even if Xu Jinhai was his own reincarnation, Zhao Cheng didn't want him to see her like this. It was too stimulating.

Song Jia was still trying her best to push him away.

"I can clean myself up!"

"I'm the one who made a mess, so of course, I should be the one to clean up," Zhao Cheng said solemnly.

Song Jia looked at his eager expression that even his own mother wouldn't believe in. Clean up a fart! He clearly had other perverted intentions.

Song Jia didn't waste any more time and used one of the skills she had learned from Xu Jinhai.

For 『Acedia』 demons to raise up their deadly sin as fast as possible, they need to be as sloth-like as they could, barely moving their bodies. So they also have a magic trick for cleaning themselves up and their surroundings.*

In just a blink, all traces of their passion disappeared, including the scent. Their clothes became dry and tidy, and Song Jia's dress that had been ripped up by Zhao Cheng earlier got mended.

Zhao Cheng, "..."

He felt disappointed. He had been looking forward to cleaning her up.

He stood up and arranged her skirt neatly over her knees before taking a seat beside her.

Zhao Cheng took her hand and placed it on his lap, covering it with his own. But soon, this wasn't enough for him. He suddenly lifted her from the bench and cradled her in his lap, making Song Jia let out a small yelp of a alarm.

Zhao Cheng held her as close as he could.

"I want to hold Jia'er."

His arms tightened around her waist.

All of their limbs were entangled together, his legs clamping her own limbs possessively, his warm breath heating the side of her neck.

But still, this wasn't enough for him. His breathing turned heavy, emotions lodged like a stone in his throat.

Zhao Cheng fell silent, only hugging her as close as he could, as if this alone could make them unable to separate.

Song Jia didn't struggle, even though his grip on her was a bit painful. Because they were pressed so tightly together, she could feel his heartbeat at her back, so unsteady and fast that it also made her pulse quicken in nervousness.

Zhao Cheng's eyelashes lowered slightly, concealing his eyes. His mouth curved upwards at the edges. He rested his chin on her shoulder, pressing his cheek against hers.

His voice gentle next to her ear, he said neither too slowly nor quickly, "Kneel...first kowtow to the heaven and earth, a second kowtow to the parents, and then a third kowtow to each other. [1] When the hills are all flat, and the rivers run dry, when the trees blossom in winter, and the snow falls in summer, when heaven and earth mix, not till then will part from you. [2] In life we share a single quilt, and in death we will share one coffin." [3]

Song Jia slowly stiffened in his arms. Zhao Cheng was reciting an ancient wedding rite and poems that were commonly used as traditional wedding vows.

Zhao Cheng continued in her ear, "Jia'er, the fact that I was able to marry you in my past life and that you became my wife was the greatest blessing the heavens could ever give to me."

His became silent for a while, and then finally spoke.

"Even if it was only for my reincarnation, I hope you'll marry me again."

His hand gently turned Song Jia's face towards him, and Zhao Cheng gave a tender kiss to her lips.

"I'll fulfill my promise to you. I won't be selfish anymore."

Qie hopes wang ye fulfills his promise.

Zhao Cheng closed his eyes, and his breathing became even. His chin still rested on her shoulder, so Song Jia couldn't even twist her head to look at him. She could only guess that he had fallen asleep.

After only what seemed like a few seconds, the arms around her waist tightened again as the man behind her woke up.

His voice sounded confused. "Jia?"

Song Jia let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Zhao Cheng really did switch to Xu Jinhai. She felt somewhat at a loss.

"Xu Jinhai?" She called tentatively.

Xu Jinhai blinked. He felt confused and disoriented, suddenly stunned that they were in a different location. He rubbed his eyes with one hand.

"Jia'er, did you teleport us?" He noticed that it was already late in the day. "I must have slept late, I was having a nightmare. Did you have breakfast already?"

Xu Jinhai's eyes fell on the array of dishes that was pushed to the side. He frowned. Somehow he could recall memories of another person cooking them, and could even see how that person cooked and stirred with a single-minded focus, but it wasn't him.

But if it wasn't him, how could he have his memories?

Song Jia hesitated. It seemed that Xu Jinhai wasn't aware of Zhao Cheng. In the end, she decided to change the subject.

Standing up, she offered her hand to Xu Jinhai.

"Why don't we go back inside the castle? It's getting cold."

The instant Xu Jinhai heard her, he dismissed all of his confusion and took Song Jia's hand. Concern flashed his eyes as he scolded her.

"If you were feeling cold, you should have told me sooner!"

He grabbed a blanket from the basket and wrapped it around her shoulders. After he did this, he pulled her closer, hugging her tightly against him. He lowered his head to look at her as they walked back to the castle.

"Jia, do you still feel cold?"

Song Jia shook her head. "I'm already fine."

She was a bit amused that although a different 'personality' had taken over, the two of them weren't really that much different in nagging her.

Song Jia glanced at the countless spider lilies that rustled in the faint breeze, bringing in a faint scent of anise.

It was good that Xu Jinhai finally returned.

She also had a few questions to ask him.

[1] Kowtow rites in an ancient wedding ceremony, similar to the one that was held for Li Jia and Zhao Cheng in the first arc (though it wasn't described).

[2] Poem from Han Dynasty: 上邪
上邪!我欲與君相知,長命無絕衰。
山無崚,江水為竭,冬雷震震夏雨雪,天地合,乃敢與君絕。It is a bit strong.

[3] Poem from Yuan Dynasty by Guan Daosheng

*For those who remember, the reason Xu Jinhai didn't clean the glass shards in Yanluo's bedroom using this skill was because it was evidence.