273 Reality (29)

Song Jia took a sharp intake of breath.

A warm hand suddenly covered Song Jia's eyes, hiding the image of the two statues.

"There's no use seeing these things, it already happened a long time ago."

Now that she could no longer see him, Xiang Feng dropped all pretenses of pretending to be Xu Jinhai.

Wisps of red swirled around his irises, but his voice was still gentle as spoke to Song Jia.

"Let's go, Jia."

When they came to this temple, Xiang Feng admitted that he also had bad thoughts. He wanted Song Jia to reminisce about their time together, to not forget the old in favor of the new. But when he saw her heartache, he also couldn't bear it.

Forget it, leave the past to the past. She was beside him now, and the two of them would create a bright future together.

He tugged at her hand, but she didn't move at all. She lowered her eyelashes to cover her eyes, bowing her head until her fringe covered most of her face.

"Is that how you really feel?" Her voice was soft.

Then she said, as gentle as a whisper, "Xiang Feng."

Her voice was soft, but her words came like a thunderbolt to his head. Xiang Feng turned cold. His mouth became dry, and his tongue felt heavy inside his mouth, unable to refute.

Since when did she notice that he had replaced Xu Jinhai? Did she suspect him all along?

"Xiang Feng? Who is that?" His voice sounded calm, even a little amused. "Jia, I don't know that person at all."

Xiang Feng knew that Xu Jinhai still hadn't told Song Jia about his multiple personalities. Although Song Jia had already met Zhao Cheng, it didn't mean that his other past incarnations would also exist inside Xu Jinhai.

As long as he kept calm, he could dispel her doubts.

Song Jia looked at him. Then, she suddenly brought her index finger to her lips. She bit hard, breaking the skin and causing blood to flow.

Xiang Feng was shocked. "Jia!"

He quickly took her hand and examined her wound. In an almost instinctive reaction, he brought it to his lips and licked the tip of her finger with his tongue.

Song Jia tried to take her hand away, but Xiang Feng caught her wrist as he licked her wound again. Saliva could help promote blood clotting[1], and he liked the taste of her blood.

Her blood, like her scent, was addicting to him.

"Xiang Feng!"

Song Jia wanted to sound angry, but the sensation of his tongue tracing across her flesh added a touch of weakness to her voice.

As if he could feel how much he affected her, he continued to hang on to her wrist as he pressed his lips on her palm, and then kissed the inside of her wrist.

His tongue swirled around her pulse for only a brief second, but it was enough for a surge of electricity to send shivers down from her spine to her toes.

Still holding her wrist, Xiang Feng pressed his cheek on her palm and tilted his head. His jet-black hair swayed with the movement, framing his eyes that had turned blood-red.

Song Jia realized that with his eyes being like this, Xiang Feng and Xu Jinhai both have similar physical facial features.

If Xiang Feng stood beside Xu Jinhai in his old body, they would definitely be mistaken as brothers.

They were both so devastatingly handsome that anyone who saw them would become infatuated.

Maybe because he had licked her blood, Xiang Feng's lips were bright red. He moved closer to her until his jaw brushed her cheek, murmuring close to her ear.

"What did you call me, Jia?"

As if he wasn't doing the most sexually suggestive things to confuse her mind, he casually leaned back and asked her a question.

Song Jia pursed her lips and glared at him. Among her transmigration missions, Xiang Feng was probably the most difficult male god to deal with. She could never predict what he would do next.

Xiang Feng cupped her cheeks and caressed her lips with his thumb, erasing her frown.

"Don't be angry, Jia. I really don't know any person named Xiang Feng."

Song Jia didn't know why he didn't want to admit his identity. Why was he so persistent in pretending to be Xu Jinhai?

Is it because he thought she didn't want to see him?

"Xiang Feng." Song Jia continued to look straight at him. "Don't avoid me. I know it's you."

Her eyes were clear and pure like spring water, forbidding any lies to muddy their depths. He remembered it was this straightforward gaze that made him easily lower his guard when they first met.

Xiang Feng's eyelashes trembled. How could he continue pretending like this? When she said those words, he actually felt happy.

It was a complicated feeling. He wanted to pretend to be Xu Jinhai, but he was also glad that she wasn't fooled by his acting. Subconsciously, he might even have wanted to be caught by her.

Xiang Feng raised his head, and revealed a self-deprecating smile at the corner of his mouth.

"I could never win against you, Jia. Then, can I at least get my consolation reward?"

Song Jia blinked. "Consolation reward?"

In one quick movement, he swept her into his arms. He slid his fingers into her hair and tilted her head up to his, pressing his mouth over hers into a rough, hard kiss. He held her in place as his tongue teased the seam of her lips before thrusting inside, making Song Jia tremble.

The taste of the remnants of her blood on his lips exploded through Song Jia's senses as she gripped his wrists, trying to find something to hold on. Her knees had weakened, the sizzling passion in his kiss building up to a higher and higher crescendo.

Everything seemed to disappear around her, until the only thing that existed was the passion that burned her skin and consumed her every breath.

[1] Saliva contains cell-derived tissue factor which causes blood clotting, and many compounds that are antibacterial or promote healing.

...

Little theater:

Xu Jinhai: Zhao Cheng ate meat, Xiang Feng ate meat, while I've become so vegetarian that I turned green and got cuckolded. When is it my turn to eat meat?

Nova: Pig meat indeed sells fast.

A/N:

I'm still continuing in digging the pit, but now I'm only holding a small shovel ;;
(๑•́ ᎔ ก̀๑) I can only dig it little by little.

Thank you for everyone that is still waiting for the completion, your support is always in my heart~ ₊˚⊹♡

I also don't know how LN authors write a thousand chapters, they're very amazing people. Both writers and readers, I wish all of you well. Jiayou!