244 Transition (1)

Beep! Beep!

[Transmigrator No. 886 has returned, preparing transfer...]

Ping!

[Transfer successfully completed.]

Song Jia's eyelashes trembled as she slowly woke up. Stretching out her arms, she hopped out of the astral pod.

Having transmigrated for the fourth time, the fear that she would lose a limb while she was out doing astral projection had already disappeared. Song Jia was now as cool as cucumber, practically an old veteran.

Song Jia headed towards the exit, and the A.I. there automatically greeted her in a monotone female voice.

"Welcome back, Transmigrator No. 886. Congratulations on returning from your mission safely. Transmigrator 886, you are told to proceed to the head's office. Estimated time of his waiting has been four minutes, six seconds, and twenty-nine milliseconds. Reply 'yes' to confirm."

"Yes. But I still have to go to the guidance counsellor's office first, so tell him I'll be a little late."

"Voice recorded and sent. Transmigrator 886, the message has been successfully delivered."

After Song Jia got the information she wanted from the guidance counselor's office, she traveled numerous hallways before stopping outside an unmarked door, which slid open on its own after scanning her.

When she entered, a completely different scenery greeted her.

The LCD walls displayed bamboo groves, their leaves swaying in an absent wind. There were many scattered origamis on the floor. At the center of the room was Nova, sitting on a yoga mat, his legs folded into a lotus position.

There was a single band tied around his forehead, mostly hidden by his bangs. There was only a single word written on it.

Jiāyóu.

Song Jia, "..."

She knocked on the door to announce her presence and said, "Boss, I'm here."

Nova did not react. He only peered at her with one eye and closed it again, continuing his meditation.

Song Jia sat in front of him, folding her legs into the same position.

She asked, "What's wrong with you?"

Nova did not open his eyes and coldly said, "We're severely understaffed."

"..."

This was old news.

"Low salary." Song Jia immediately voiced out her main complaint.

Nova gave her a look. Without even thinking about it, he decided to ignore her opinion.

"Vengeful reincarnators are popping out everywhere, taking revenge for events that hadn't happened yet. Just now, an heiress that was a victim of her family and fiancée's conspiracy became reborn."

Nova paused and added, "She quickly used her memories of the future to kick her family to the curb, and let several men rape her blood-sister. She even killed her own fiancée. Common sense would tell you...this isn't right."

Song Jia frowned.

Nova continued, "But I couldn't take care of them, because there's not enough transmigrators in our department. I could only take care of the more dangerous reincarnators and let go of the others."

Song Jia picked up one of the scattered origamis on the floor. When she unfolded it, she was surprised to see that it was actually a document. The title caught her eye, 'Signs of Being A Transmigrator.'