208 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (22)

After shifting his position, Ye Minzhe moved closer to Song Jia.

Song Jia felt warmth on her back, and before she could react, Ye Minzhe's mouth was right beside her ear, his voice low and soft.

"Jia, what do you think we should do?"

Song Jia wanted to pinch him. Such an intimate and ambiguous gesture, what if people misunderstood?

Fortunately, the other six were too nervous to pay attention to them. They listened closely to the noises outside the door, and because Song Jia was standing behind them, they didn't see what Ye Minzhe was doing. She tilted her head away and tried moving away from him, but Ye Minzhe wrapped an arm around her waist.

He looked down and saw the delicate white skin of her neck that she accidentally exposed. There was a sudden urge to lower his lips and bite there, leaving his mark. His breathing became slightly heavy. Before he could control himself, he gave in to his instincts and did exactly just that.

Song Jia only felt a light touch against the beating pulse of her throat, causing her to shiver. A wet tongue swirled around her pulse, before giving it a gentle bite.

When awareness came, Song Jia and Ye Minzhe were both stunned.

She clapped a hand to her neck, looking with wide eyes at Ye Minzhe. His face had already turned bright red, and he knew that even if he jumped into the Yellow River, he still wouldn't be able to wash himself clean [1].

His mouth opened and closed, but no sound came out. For the first time in his life, Ye Minzhe was left speechless.

What was even more shocking to him was that he actually wanted to do even more...

"You...!" After only saying a single word, Song Jia pressed her lips tightly together.

They were not the only people inside the room, and if they knew what had happened, they would surely look at them with spicy eyes. They were half-siblings, ah!

More importantly, there were zombies outside. Any bit of noise would expose their location.

Song Jia glared at Ye Minzhe, and used her hair to cover the mark he gave her. Did his brain get filled with water? Why did he suddenly bite her?

Song Jia once again tried to move away from him, but Ye Minzhe didn't let her go.

"Don't move, I won't do anything again, I promise," he murmured under his breath, his voice sounding a bit hoarse.

Ye Minzhe didn't regret what he did. He even licked his lips, reminiscing the aftertaste of her skin. If she reacted a bit slower, he could have...tasted it a bit more.

His eyes darkened. Before, it was alright to not have tasted it, because the things he was ignorant about, it would forever be unable to affect him. But now that he tasted something so delicious, he merely had a taste before it was quickly taken away. How could it not arouse his hunger?

Ye Minzhe felt as if his whole body was dipped into flames, and it was even the kind that couldn't be extinguished.

But he didn't let Song Jia see his abnormality. If she did, she would run away, and with them traveling in a group, who knows which terrible person she would get close to.

It was better if she stuck close to his side, safe and secure. Ye Minzhe felt more reassured and comfortable that way.

Song Jia wanted to snort. Because they were standing so close together, how could she not feel the changes in his lower body? He tried to hide it from her, but Song Jia had already been cultivated to be highly sensitive to this kind of danger. Furthermore, she wasn't a little white flower, who could be deceived by these small tricks.

They were siblings, half siblings, ah! If she stayed beside this perverted older brother, who knows what would happen to her sooner or later? Song Jia decisively stomped on his foot.

"Ah!"

Ye Minzhe inhaled a sharp gasp of air, reflexively flinching back. As soon as his hold on her loosened, Song Jia took the opportunity to escape and squeezed her body between Ding Xiuxiu and Ouyang Che.

The space near the door was narrower than the rest of the room. When Song Jia squeezed between them, it took the two of them by surprise. Ding Xiuxiu immediately gave way for her. She saw that Ye Minzhe was left alone on the back of the group and after smiling softly at Song Jia, she walked towards him.

The zombies were still busy exploring the corridor outside. Ouyang Che leaned close to Song Jia and muttered angrily in a low whisper.

"Ye Jia, don't think I'll forget what you did to me in the Health Center!"

This had been bothering him for a while, but because Ye Minzhe was there, he dared not to say it.

Song Jia gave him a glance, "Then try punching me back if you can. I'll be ready at any time."

Ouyang Che, "..."

Ding Xiuxiu approached Ye Minzhe with a worried expression, her lips tilted down in a frown.

"Minzhe, do you think those crazy people would leave soon? They're really scary, some of the boys in the class tried to fight against them, but their strength was too strong. In the end, we could only run away."

She stood beside him, clutching the hem of his shirt like a little girl. When Ding Xiuxiu next spoke, her voice was filled with admiration.

"Minzhe, you're really amazing, ah. After we get out of here, I'll also try to learn how to fight like you, make sure to teach me properly, okay?"

She looked up at him, her expression a careful mixture of admiration and shyness. From experience, she knew that men usually liked this kind of complete dependence and trust from women. But when Ding Xiuxiu finally saw Ye Minzhe's face, her heart directly leaped in fright.

Ye Minzhe's handsome face was contorted into a mask of rage, and there was a heavy pressure surrounding him filled with heavy killing intent. Ding Xiuxiu felt as if her heart was about to crushed in half by the enormous pressure, making her stumble a bit far away from him.

Ye Minzhe also knew that he was losing control, the cause of it even somewhat strange and unreasonable, but he was unable to stop it anymore. He saw that the distance between Ouyang Che and Song Jia were only several inches, their breaths even mixing together as they talked. In that moment, something inside him snapped, as if his own heart had been dragged out, and was stepped on by a heavy stone, making him unable to breathe.

He clutched his chest, and the heavy and stifling emotions nearly drove him crazy. He clenched his fists and used everything inside him to drag the wild beast that was about to pounce out back inside its cage.

Ye Minzhe took a shuddering breath.

This kind of violence...it would scare her. He felt like he could destroy everything around her in the blink of an eye, but only her...even if it was only a strand of her hair, he could not bear to hurt it.

Ye Minzhe knew that before they went on a cruise, he had not felt such intense emotions about Ye Jia. He knitted his eyebrows. Between then and now, what had changed?

It was as if the moment at the forecastle [2] deck when her sunglasses fell down and their eyes met, something sleeping inside him suddenly opened his eyes and woke up.

[1] Ch. idiom that means there's nothing you can do to clear your name

[2] Open deck located on the bow of the ship