CHAPTER 27

After days of trying to find Jack and after working with demons, crossing paths with Arthur Ketch, they finally had a lead

After days of trying to find Jack and after working with demons, crossing paths with Arthur Ketch, they finally had a lead. Currently, Lizziel and the Winchesters were at an artists house who had died with his eyes burnt out and the witness's description of the suspect matched a lot with Jack.

"Yeah, that's him. He said his name was Jack, that he was a buyer", Paula, the artists girlfriend, said looking at a picture of Jack that they had shown her.

"Um, a buyer?", Sam asked causing Paula to gesture towards the paintings in the room.

"Some freaky stuff here. Derek had quite the imagination", Dean said, looking around.

"Yeah, it's cool", Lizziel stated.

"He hated that word", Paula said with a sad chuckle.

"What? Freaky?", Sam questioned.

"Imagination. He liked to think of his art more as reportage", Paula answered, causing Lizziel to nod her head.

"Reportage? Reportage from where?", Sam asked, confusion laced in his voice.

"From the places he'd visit. Derek was a dreamwalker", Paula said, causing Lizziel's eyes to widen.

"Sam? Lizziel?", Dean called out grabbing their attention. They all shared a glance once they saw a painting of the apocalypse world they had visited.

*****

Sam and Lizziel did some research and found out that Derek had been conversing with another dreamwalker, named Kaia. They had also found out that she was currently in a metal institute and were in the Impala heading towards there.

"So, Kaia never knew her father. Her mom died in an accident when she was 12, so her aunt took her in and then she died...cancer", Sam informed Dean and Lizziel.

"Tough life", Lizziel muttered under her breath while at the same time Dean said, "Damn".

"Been on her own ever since, until her O.D and arrest", Sam said.

"Geez", Lizziel said causing Sam to give her a pointed look.

"Bad hand. No wonder she ended up here", Dean said, causing Sam to give him a pointed look too.

They came out of the back door to see a girl, who they assumed was Kaia, punch Jack in the face. They quickly ran and helped him get up.

"She hit me", Jack said, disbelief laced in his voice.

"Yeah, you had it coming kid, with the stunt you pulled", Lizziel scolded.