CHAPTER 45

Lizziel and Castiel walked through the corridors of heaven, which was surprisingly empty

"Where is everybody?", Lizziel asked Castiel, worry and confusion laced in her voice.

"I have no idea", Castiel replied, before calling out, "Hello?".

They turned into a new corridor and found black goo on the floor followed by the dead bodies of two angels. The bodies had black goo coming out of their nose and eyes.

Lizziel and Castiel glanced at each other with worry.

"Zuriel", Castiel whispered as he walked towards the first dead body. Suddenly, the second angel woke up and started to cough.

"Oh shit, she's not dead", Lizziel exclaimed.

"Dumah", Castiel called out, gently.

"Castiel", Dumah said, relief spreading over her features.

"Hi, I'm Lizziel. Could you please tell us what happened?", Lizziel asked her with a small smile.

"I don't know. We were just...sorry", Dumah replied, before looking around, "That stuff when it touched me, everything just went black. I thought you were supposed to be on earth".

"I'm looking for someone", Castiel said, causing Lizziel to clear her throat, "We are looking for someone. Jack. We have to find him".

"Don't leave me", Dumah said, fear laced in her voice, as Castiel and Lizziel started to walk ahead.

"Can you walk?", Castiel asked Dumah. He held out a hand towards her to help her stand up.

*****

Lizziel, Castiel and Dumah were currently in Jack's heaven trying to find him.

"It's cold", Dumah spoke up, after checking the burgers lying on the hood of the impala.

"He's not here", a voice spoke up. The three of them turned around to see Naomi standing there, "Hello, Castiel, Lizziel, Dumah. Jack's gone".

"How is that possible?", Castiel asked, confusion laced in his voice.

"Perhaps the angel side of him knew he was in heaven. In any case, he left", Naomi replied.

"Well, he always was a smart kid", Lizziel stated, causing Castiel to nod in agreement.

"Naomi, what is happening here?", Dumah asked, fear and worry laced in her voice.

"We're under attack. It stormed the gates. It defeated our defences. There are so few of us left, we couldn't even stop it", Naomi explained.

"It? What do you mean by it?", Castiel asked Naomi.

"The shadow, the thing that rules the empty. I'm surprised you didn't recognise its handiwork, Castiel. I thought you were old friends", Naomi spoke up, looking at Castiel with annoyance.