CHAPTER 51

The bunker was filled with hunters who had come to attend Mary's wake

The bunker was filled with hunters who had come to attend Mary's wake. Lizziel sat in a corner and slowly sipped her beer.

"We know it wasn't easy for some of you to get here, and we thank you. We, uh, gave her a hunter's send-off a few days ago", Dean said, walking into the main room followed by Sam and Castiel, "But we know her family went beyond just us. Some of you hunted alongside her. Some of you fought Michael with her in the other world. You know, we lost our mom once before. But we got a second chance with her. And we got to know her not just as 'mom', but as someone who was tough and strong. Stubborn as hell. Someone who had opinions and wasn't shy to use them. She could handle a machete. She could handle a vampire. She could handle our old man. She couldn't cook worth a damn. Mom, you weren't here long enough. But we're, uh, we're so glad for the time that we had. Goodbye, mom".

"Bye, mom", Sam said, raising his beer.

Everyone raised their beer and said, "To Mary".

Suddenly, an axe came flying and lodged itself into a man's head causing everyone to gasp. Everyone's attention turned to Bobby when he entered the room with a smile.

Once everyone had left, Sam dragged the dead man's body away.

"Make sure I get my hatchet back", Bobby stated, "Damn wraith. Knew him from a nest your mom and I busted up on our last hunt. Probably here to gloat. The bastard".

"A hunter's memorial, complete with monster. Mary would have appreciated that", Castiel said.

"Yeah, she definitely would", Lizziel said with a smirk.

"Now that you mention it, yeah", Bobby said, before turning towards Sam, "How are you?".

"Hey, you know. It's tough", Sam said with a small chuckle.

"And the other one?", Bobby asked, referring to Dean who was packing up things.

"Yeah, Dean...seems to be doing okay. Hard to say", Sam replied.

"Yeah, maybe he's like me. Being teary in public's not my style", Bobby said, glancing at Sam when Dean walked upto them.

"Hey, everybody's headed out but Bobby's gonna stick around. I thought maybe we could open that scotch Ketch left and...hang out, talk about mom", Sam suggested.

"Talk about mom?", Dean said with a sarcastic chuckle, turning around to walk away, "Isn't that what we've been doing?"

Everyone glanced at each other, before heading to the kitchen without Dean. Sam was sat at the kitchen table looking at one of their old pictures, when Bobby handed each of them a bottle of beer.

"Thanks", Sam said, putting down the photo.

"Memory lane?", Bobby asked, looking at the photo.

"Yeah. I mean, Dean couldn't have been but 4 years old. I wasn't even 6 months", Sam told them, a nostalgic smile on his face.