CHAPTER 57

"Alright, this way", Dean said, once everyone had put on a new change of clothes

"Alright, this way", Dean said, once everyone had put on a new change of clothes. They were headed towards the same crypt where they took refuge on the first day of the ghostpocalypse, "What's the word from outside?".

"Ghosts are still at it, trying to break down the barrier. I left some hunters at the gym to keep the peace. The rest are set up around the perimeter, in case...", Sam replied causing Dean to continue, "In case the spell breaks and a hundred billion ghosts come busting out. This better work".

"It will work. The 'rafforza l'incantesimo' is a potent transubstantiation spell. It can turn gossamer into concrete. Like I said, get me close to the epicenter, find me a nice, protected ghost-free space...I'll patch those crumbling walls right up, and we'll all be home in time for high tea", Rowena said.

"Ooh, I love high tea", Lizziel said, amazement laced in her voice.

When they reached near the crypt they noticed all the dead bodies that the ghosts possessed, lying on the ground.

"Ah, great. A nice, protected space", Castiel said, sarcasm laced in his voice.

"Ugh", Dean said while at the same time Lizziel said, "This is disgusting".

They entered the crypt and Rowena put her bag down and set up the table, while Castiel and Lizziel salted the room and the Winchesters latched the door.

"You're just gonna stand there?", Lizziel asked Belphegor, annoyed.

"Uh, yeah", Belphegor replied causing Lizziel to roll her eyes.

The doors began rattling signalling Rowena that she had to do the spell quickly.

Rowena put the ingredients of the spell in the bowl and held it forwards, "Prendi ci oche e debole, rendilo forte. D'una piuma d'oca, fai una spada".

Rowena eyes glowed purple as she continued reciting the spell, "Dalla nebbia, cemento....dalla nebbia, cemento possente, impenetrabile, inflessibile".

"Looks like it works", Sam said, glancing at the texts from the other hunters on his phone.

Rowena's voice began to sound shaky, "Rendilo forte! Rendilo forte. Rendilo forte!".

A purple spark came from the bowl causing Rowena to drop it and fall to the ground. Lizziel quickly helped Rowena sit up.

"Rowena?", Dean asked, worry laced in his voice.

"We're all going to die", Rowena whimpered, tears in her eyes, "Drink".

"Of course", Sam said, causing Dean to pull out the water bottle from their bag.

"A real drink", Rowena stated. Dean unhappily handed his hipflask to Rowena.

"Okay, now that we're waiting for the witch's hooch to kick in, can we finally admit the obvious?". Belphegor asked, "Uh, she failed. So if we keeping score, that's, uh, 1 for demon, uh, 0 for the witch".